cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route calls by origin

csteinman
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 3.1, IP Phone 7940, H323 with 3660 routers. Planning to upgrade to CCM 3.3 soon.

I have a user who is getting calls that should go to the attendant. He would like a way to automatically send callers from the outside to the attendant and allow calls from other extensions to ring his phone. The better solution would be to set up a list of numbers that would be allowed to ring his phone, but for now just sending outside callers to the attendant and allowing inside callers to ring through to his phone would satisfy him.

Is there a feature that will allow this?

4 Replies 4

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Well if what he really wants is to filter calls to different locations you should look into Cisco Personal Assistant. For the time being since you are using H.323 you should create a translation rule on the router to match this users extension and translate it to the attendants dn. That way internal calls will still go directly to the user and outside calls would go to the attendant.

I think that will work! What he really needs is probably something with more intelligence, but we don't have that yet. I'll apply your suggestion until I can think of something better. Thanks!

Here is how I did it:

ROUTER:

translation-rule 1

Rule 0 ^8050 8000

dial-peer voice 8050 voip

description SENDS ERNIEs OUTSIDE INCOMING CALLS TO 8000

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 8050

translate-outgoing called 1

voice-class codec 1

session target ipv4:x.x.x.x (Call Manager)

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

fax rate disable

ip qos dscp cs5 media

no vad

Thanks for the help!

You could have also used num-exp 8050 8000 or 8050000 8000

depending on whats coming into the gateway DNIS

A little less effort required for the same result : )