Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing a Call Based on CLID

darryl.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

I am just wondering in CallManager 3.3(4) SR2, is there a way to re-route a call based on CLID? Let's say that we want to reroute a call when the calling number is from one specific PSTN number. All other CLIDs would route to the particular DN on CallManager.

Thanks....D

6 Replies 6

mcotrone
Level 3
Level 3

You can accomplish this with an H.323 GW front ending the CCM, but you can't do this with MGCP (yet).

Mike

Thanks....That is what I feared. Our PSTN Gateway is a 6608 card in our 6509. Thanks!

:) I have had the same problem a few projects ago. Another post to this suggested routing the call to IPCC Express which is an excellent Idea (If you have the install base). You can write a script to identify the call using the ANI and send the call to your choice of destination at that point.This would give you maximum flexibilty.

But....

Since you may only have a CCM/Unity install you can use Unity to do the same thing through the use of Call Routing rules. This may be the best option for you if you don't have IPCC express installed.

For Unity:

1. Create a route-point/ip phone with Call forward all to VM using the DN preferred within your dialing plan (target DN). Remember to come up with a backup strategy in the case of Unity Failure using the CFNA and CFB fields.

2. (Unity) Create a Call Handler to transfer the call to the desired destination outside of the VM System

3. Create a Unity Call Forwarding rule to match the call based on a specific ANI and use the above Call handler to forward the call to your desired destination.

Remember depending on your call volume to this DN you may see a spike in Skinny port consumption to Unity. :) Plan appropriately.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks

Mike

JOSE TORRES
Level 1
Level 1

If have IPCC Express you could route the calls through it and make decisions based upon the ANI.(Caller ID),.

Hi Jose

Can you explain this, I am trying to do this with IPCC Express but don't seem to be able to find the right step.

Can you post your .aef script?