Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP TRUNK License Requirement for CUBE ISR G2

mdrangell22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have 4 ISR 2900 and 1 ISR 3900 and these devices will have a SIP TRUNK Connection so witch license requirement the device needs? 

I checked every ISR and every device have uck9 license permanent so that license is enought to have all SIP voice command as session progess sipv2, voice class tenant, voice class sip early offer forced, etc? What about CUBE Licenses? 

The company will migrate these ISR G2 to 8300 next year meanwhile I have to work with these ISR G2

6 Replies 6

You need SIP trunk licenses, either Standard or Enhanced depending upon if you’re using high availability or not.

Response Signature

CUBE licensing models

● Trunking for service interconnect and protocol interworking. Trunk licenses are available for both standard (single node) and enhanced (high-availability and advanced features) network architectures to facilitate site-to-site and PSTN connectivity. Each trunk license enables a single call session in addition to a single forked media session for recording where required.

Lineside to enhance the delivery of hosted SIP communications services. Previously only available for the Cisco 800 Series Routers through the NanoCUBE license, CUBE Lineside client licenses are now available for all platforms listed in Table 2. Each Lineside license enables registration proxy and survivability features for one local SIP endpoint.

Media Proxy for advanced call recording and compliance solutions. Deployed independently from CUBE platforms configured for trunkside or lineside applications, CUBE Media Proxy allows corporate customers to meet compliance requirements by simultaneously recording or analyzing calls at up to five destinations simultaneously. Each Media Proxy license enables one forked media session in either standard or redundant configurations.

For more details please check the below link which contains all CUBE license info:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-border-element/data-sheet-c78-729692.html#Licensingoptions

The licenses that the other peer mentioned , such as Standard, Enhanced, and MP, are not applicable for you because they are not supported on ISR 2k and 3K.You need one of those CUBE 14 licenses for your 8300 device, depending on your usage. For ISR 2K and 3K, I believe they use RTU and you don’t need to add any licenses to use CUBE features. Also, you cannot buy licenses for 2k and 3k Router anymore.

Response Signature

Technically you would break the licensing agreement code if you were to stand up SIP trunks without having purchased the corresponding license to match the number of sessions and as there are no other options for what to buy it leaves this as the only option.

Response Signature

Hello Thank you for your answer about CUBE license . That is what I read but I wasn't sure....

A question what about the license needed to insert SIP Commands on ISR 2K and 3K? only UCK9 is need right?

As these commands are part of the voice function, that is what you need.

Response Signature