Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and CallHandler Question

Hi!

I have, I am hoping, a simple question about Unity. My customer wants to have unity answer a specific extension (7080 for example) instead of sending the call to the voicemail. I.e., someone calls 7080, and if no one picks up, Unity answers and says "dial this extension for this dude, and that extension for that dude". Currently, the only option I have in Unity is to press 4 when I am in to get to the directory, when I get asked to type the first and last name of the person I am trying to reach.

How can I do this?

Thanks,

Dragi

2 Replies 2

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

Here is one way to do this.

Add 7080 user as a subscriber in Unity.

In the Greetings for 7080, record the message "Dial this extension for this dude ...."

Set the After Greeting to Send caller to Hang-up.

This is not a scalable solution, but this would work for this scenario.

mikedoherty
Level 1
Level 1

Dragi,

Here is how I would implement this:

1. Create 7080 as a subscriber in Unity.

2. On the Greetings page, record the standard greeting similar to "Dial extension A to reach Dude X, or dial extension B to reach Dude Y," remember to add several seconds of silence to the end of your message, to give the caller time to make a decision and react, or set the greeting to "Reprompt the user" for as many times as you deem appropriate. Make sure that you check the box marked "Allow caller input."

3. On the Caller Input page, make sure that the box marked "Allow callers to dial an extension during greeting" is checked.

This should take care of the issue.

Mike