cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CUC 11.5 Auto Attendants with CUCM 11.5 - including Voicemail

DAVID BURKHART
Level 1
Level 1

First, I work for a public school system so my explanation is based on that of a campus. A decade ago I setup Auto Attendants on what was then simply Unity 4.x to work with CallManager 4.x so callers could route themselves to key personnel or press 0 to be connected to those in the front office via Hunt Pilots. I then moved to a different solution, but recently moved us back to CUC about a year ago. I am now nearing the end of our conversion by recreating the Auto Attendants in CUC 11.6 pairing with CUCM 11.5. Now my challenge. 

Below is the desired path for a sample call to a campus.

Caller dials a CUCM CTI Route Point at DN 3420, which points to an Auto Attendant of the same extension in CUC. Caller then is presented with options (Press 1 for the Nurse, etc.), ending in Press 0 for the Operator. Upon pressing 0, the call is routed to a Hunt Pilot with DN 4420, which rings a single Line Group in Broadcast (4421, 4422, 4423, 4424, 4425, 4426), and unanswered calls then hit the "Campus Call" line (DN 4439) which is on additional phones. If still unanswered, I want the call to roll to a voicemail account that has an Exchange mailbox (still with DN 4439). 

Although I thought I had this working, it turns out by default that CUC passes the call to the first DN calling rather than the last DN calling (like a busy/no answer roll gets pulled back to the voicemail of the original/intended called DN). A knowledgeable person posted on my previous thread about this that I could tick the check box for "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call", which - on the surface - resolved this issue. Unfortunately, now those who support their bosses with busy/no answer get the callers' voicemails in *their* accounts rather in their bosses'. 

Since these two solutions are incompatible, I am open to options on how this call routes and ultimately lands in the Campus Call voicemail (maybe use a different DN than 4439?). I guess either things changed in the last decade or I just simply do not recall how I had it working back then! I've dug through articles but seem to find only the call center type of solutions - basically without voicemail involved as an endpoint. I appreciate any ideas the community can lend! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The solution to this problem is to configure 4420 as an "Alternate Extension" for voicemail inbox with extension 4439.  It's under User >> User with Extension 4439 >> Edit >> Alternate Extensions.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The solution to this problem is to configure 4420 as an "Alternate Extension" for voicemail inbox with extension 4439.  It's under User >> User with Extension 4439 >> Edit >> Alternate Extensions.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thank you for your proposal, Vaijanath. Could I more simply use 4420 as the primary extension for this account? I had considered this, but was unsure what the "first DN" was in this scenario: 4420 (Hunt Pilot) or the first Line Group member. 

Never mind. I realized I had to do it exactly as you had reported, since I cannot add the Hunt Pilot DN as a DN on the phones for MWI. Thank you very much! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: