cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Want to disable Network Config on phone, but allow Contrast and Ring Type

kdpeterson
Level 1
Level 1

Working on hardening our setup and would like to know if others have tried this. I understand that the Settings selection can be disabled on the IP phone through CM, but I don't want an "all or nothing" approach. With the 7970 the end users want to be able to adjust their Contrast and Ring Type. I was wondering if there was a way to modify the config sent to the phone to only disable the Network Settings selection from the end user's perspective on the phone.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

Why? Do they know how to unlock the settings?

What type of environemnt do you have? If it's your typical corporate environemnt, send an e-mail from HR or whoever to say don't play in there.

I don't know of a way if locking the settings also prevents access to contrast and ringtone. But it would be nice to have the future ability to at least change the default password that unlocks the settings.

calmichael
Level 1
Level 1

Not knowing what version of CCM you are using, but

CCM 4.1(2) now offers three choices at the phone

level for "Settings"; Enabled, Restricted, and

Disabled.

"Restricted" should allow "user settings" access like

volume, ring type, and contrast, but not to other

items such as network settings.

--- ----- ---

Michael,

I'm using load 7.1(1) with CCM 4.1(2) and I choose the restricted option for the setting parameter but that disable the button completly and now I can't access the contrast, ring type among other user settings..

Is that the way the restricted option suppose to work?? I'm testing with a 7960 Phone.

Thanks,

-Jose

I have a customer who has just asked the same question:

"Why is the restrict option the same as disable?"

They have tested models 7960, 7940 and 7912. All with the same results. Load for 7940 is P00307000200.

Does anyone have any more info?

Thanks,

Tracey

Does anyone know if this is a bug or if "restrict" is a feature that will be available in future?

Thanks,

Tracey