cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ANI Server issues, please help...

d_nulty
Level 1
Level 1

When attempting to load Campus manager I get error message that it cannot connect to the ANI server. I have verified that the server is running but it still won't work. Have used Cisco's suggestions of checking hosts file, java version, corrupt databases etc etc but still can't get it to work.

Any ideas on what else to check?

Also can anyone offer advice on how to manage log files on Cisco works?

13 Replies 13

minie
Level 4
Level 4

What server is CW? Is it dual-homed? You need to edit gatekeeper.cfg if it has more than one NIC.

It's Windows 2000 Server and it's not dual-homed.

If you have already tried to rebuild the ANI database I don't know what to tell you...if you haven't you may want to try that. I only know the procedure on a SUN, But perhaps they can help you with the same procedure for a Windows 2000 machine, have you put in a CCO ticket?

kawng
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

can you check the following:

Server Configuration->Diagnostics->Discovery Metrics

Do you see a discovery entry and is it 100% completed

Server Configuration->Diagnostics->Analyze Ani Server

Are you seeing your hostname and ip address at the top of the report? or are you seeing ANI Wrapper errors?

If you are getting ANI Wrapper errors you may have a corrupted ANI Database, or some settings issues.

Have you configure Server Configuration->Setup->

Ani Server Admin->

SNMP Settings - to tell ANI what SNMP strings to use

Discovery Settings - to tell ANI where to start the discovery (seed devices) and any restrictions on the

discovery (Router boundaries and filtering options)

If those have been Apply correctly, click Apply

in Discovery Settings and try to run an Immediate

Discovery

If you have already done this and still you cannot connect, verify if different Web Browsers, client machines are having the same problem...make sure you do not have any proxies or pop up blockers configured in your browser. Try to isolate the problem to either a client issue or a server issue.

Hope that helps

Thanks for your suggestions. We've now got it working.

I have same problem. It started when I updated Cisco Works 5th edition to CW Common Services.

Allways when I try to connect to ANI DB via CM Topology Services it starts conecting and then nothing hapens. I have rebuilt ANI DB with -restore option, but same situation.

If you have solved the problem could you please tell me what you did?

Thanks in advance,

Teemu

After I said it was working we've got the same problem again. It's happened on several occasions and each time something different seems to rectify the problem. In the past we've reinitialised the database, amended the hosts file, cleared out log files and lastly, set the settings for a dual homed server (even though ours isn't dual homed!). After a week of it working Ok we now have the same problem again. Sorry I can't be anymore help.

If you have verified that ani is running in "services" and if you go to "Server Configuration>Diagnostics> Analyze ANI Server" and that checks out ok, it may be your browser. This burned me. If using IE go to "internet options" then "advanced" then scroll down to "Microsoft VM" and uncheck JIT complier for virtual machine enabled". Close and re-open your browser and try to connect again. Hope it helps, it did for me.

hi everybody,

I ve just setup my new CW LMS2.2 Campus Manager 3.3 on solaris system, and I have the same problem.

"ERROR: An Error occurred communicating with your ANIServer"

my hosts file is ok, java version is ok,but only thing I couldnt find reinitdb.pl under my system folder.

any idea?

Hi,

I have the same Problem, when I want to Connect to the Campus Manager Technology Services. The progress

bar hangs on the fist third.

All other functions work proberly. (ANI Discovery ...)

When I Connect to the Technology Service with the browser installed on the CW200 Server everthing works finde.

Any suggestions?

Mfg

Mathias Handsche

I too have the exact same error. Has anyone found a solution via TAC or outside this forum?

Me too.

Any answers?

I am tired from banging my head against the wall.

Hallo

Check the JAVA Version on your client. If you do not have other applications that use JAVA, you can deinstall any installed JAVA version on the client and then try to connect to the server from the, this will intiate the installation of the correct version of JAVA, just have patience and wait to get the correct version installed.

Regarding the other Problem < Can not connect to ani server >

- In the ANI Server Admin \ SNMP Settings , there is the following setting ( Enable mulltiple community strings) which could cause such a situation. You will not be able to get the ani server starting again unless you edit the ANIServer.properties and correct the problem there.

HTH. Regards

Ali

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card