Views
Helpful
Replies

exit reverse telnet session

chan-kuen.hui
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

When I use reverse telnet to another router. How can I return back to the original router. I have try to type "exit" or "Cltr-Shift-6, X". Both doesn't work.

Thanks.

C.K.

8 Replies 8

smif101
Level 4
Level 4

What OS are you using? Different systems use different break keys.

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"Ctrl-Shift-6,x" should work if you telnet to the commserver first and then to the device connected to the async port. It might be a problem with your terminal emulation software if it doesn't.

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

smif101
Level 4
Level 4

Also I would try the ctrl-shift-6, ctrl-x combo. Another option would be to use a differnt system, if that works then your escape sequence could have been changed by accident. I have had machines do the same thing to me.

Quite often if you are setting up a reverse telnet server, you change the escape sequence so that you can telnet into the server, reverse telnet to another router and then escape without cnt-shift-6 taking you back to your original router. Check the config of the terminal server/router you are using, it will show any chnaged escape sequence.

try logout

Try logout

Try logout

LanDownUnda
Spotlight
Spotlight

I use the "exit" command when I'm in privileged mode to go back to the original device I've established the telnet session from.

*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: