Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Webinar

Forum Posts

I just wanted to clarify how a wildcard is supposed to behave.I have an existing class C. 192.168.100.xIf I want to block 4 hosts with an ip range of 192.168.100.124-127 can I use this wildcard mask?access-list 100 deny ip 192.168.100.124 0.0.0.3 ??...

sailooo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The following output I have got fromCisco 3662 after booting System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(6r)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)Copyright (c) 1999 by cisco Systems, Inc.Not an format 4 cookie prom; Format version = 0xff!!*** Warning during test,Search CPU_T...

iliasov-s by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I would like to point and clarify one possible bug in Cisco Secure Policy Manager 3.0. Currently, I am evaluating this product for one customer that requires manageable remote access VPN connection with PIX firewall. Here is scenario: Customer has PI...

I'm unable to configure a notification email to be sent when either of my two (2) 4230 sensors go offline. The logging/notification options of CSPM are a bit confusing. One would think setting "www 80" under Connection Signatures to "IP Log" would ...

s309973 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a NetRanger 4230 where iprb0 is the interface of control and command, spwr0 for sniffing. So configured, when I ping the iprb0 (or from) I lose many packets, and I am unable to telnet the sensor. I note only these errors on the sensor: from er...

I'm getting log entries in my firewall that looklike an ICMP redirect but:1. I have an access list applied to the serial port on our internet router that should be preventing this (access-list 101 deny icmp any anyredirect)2. sh access-lists does rep...

dan-carr by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a small business/home network with a Cisco 677 router and I am not an expert. I have been advised that I need firewall software to protect my system (two Windows 98 PCs). I have also read that most router do provide some kind of protection aga...

j.viller by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to setup a 3002 device to send DHCP requests from its private users via the VPN to the 3000 concentrator, so the users get their IP-adresses from the span in the 3000 concentrator (or a DHCP-server behind the concentrator) ?

thult by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes