Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Get

Forum Posts

Hi,To apply rate-limit to the interface it is recommended to first measure the amount of syn packets during normal state.Can the router indicate the amount of syn packets passing through it and how to do it?Thanks in advance.

wanab by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiWe have the following version of the NR:The version of the signature update currently installed is: 2.2.1.8postofficed v2.2.1.1 (release) 00/10/03-13:29 loggerd v2.2.1 (release) 99/07/19-20:15 configd v2.2.1 (rel...

OK, I just applied the latest patch of IDSk9-sp-3.0-2-S9.bin, and the first thing I notice is a rash of detects for which some sensors have filters. I've added filters for other ones (specifically Echo Sweeps - 2100 - from my network management syst...

crossmanj by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 1720 series VPN at one LAN and I have Checkpoint firewall/vpn at branch office. Is there are a policy manager software that can set up a VPN policy between these two devices?Also, can you do access control to certain files on the netwo...

m-hya by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is the rule of thumb to do packet inspection. Cisco's www site has inspection on the inside interfaces & other publications will have either inside or outside interfaces. They both work but what is the best way?

I have configured my router with the following configuration to block Code Red Worm which I referred to Cisco Security advisor but I still have problem on Code Red Worm coming in to my server.I also have some doubt on should this ACL block procedure ...

wanab by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes