Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Webinar

Forum Posts

Dear Sirs,I'm interested to get hands-on information about the way Cisco gear can handle the security issues in large real-world enterprise networks. What I mean is that I need to know if and what management tools (CSPM, CW, etc.) can/must be used in...

c.peter by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 4230. It was working fine but when I issued the shutdown command, sometimes the box wouldnt come up or if it did it had disk corruption and I would have to re-image/recover with the CD. This was due to the following bug: http://www.cisco.com...

rcrowe by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone beta'd this product yet? Any input? Lots better than CSPM 2.3? Has the reporting gotten any better? The documentation states that the IDS and Firewall pieces can be loaded on the same server (unlike the old 2.3), has anyone verified th...

rrussell by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am installing a Pix Firewall (Model 10000). I am establishing a list of static ip addresses and a pool of ip addresses. The problem is that only some of my list of static ip addresses can view the internet. For example, I have static addresses f...

richardl by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a way to configure the PIX 506 to use the Domain user rights to allow access through the PIX to the internet? I have ordered a 506, and asked to have it configured to use my domain rights to allow internet access based on a NT domain group,...

dwombles by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

IDS

Hi All,I have CSPM ver 2.3i (IDS). But How to set up a IDS network. What should I need besides CSPM ??DO I Need a Sensor Server ? Can a server which is installed with CSPM be a Sensor Server ??thanks

OK, time to revisit my shunning project. :-)The last time I tried this, my router was smoked. Now, fortunatly, I have the Director at 2.2.3, and the sensors are at the latest release.To allow the throttling of shun requests to my router, I have set...

crossmanj by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm having trouble getting SMTP AUTH to work on our network, even across network segments that have no specific access-list rules between them. Perhaps there's something in the CBAC setting that prevents AUTH from working properly?Initially...Our ma...

My internet perimeter router has an access list that permits traffic inbound destined for UDP ports greater than 1024. From what I can tell this is needed for web browsing. Does anyone have any knowledge as to why web browsing needs UDP ports greater...

ontrack by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes