Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Webinar

Forum Posts

Hi,I need second opinion about FWSM placement in Cat6509.Scenario:2 switches ( both Cat6509), 1st unit served as Core Switch (doing routing@L3). This unit is running hybrid mode (CatOS + MSFC). All Vlans and routing are defined here.The 2nd unit serv...

First I can connect several PCs to a router, then connect this router to an ADSL modem, and finally via this model (which is connected to an local ISP), all the PCs on the LAN can access to the internet; Now, let's do this with a firewall, i.e., conn...

otnj2ee by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Which would be a go good software to monitor packet loss and network latency for an ISP's backbone?.Please provide some documentation so that I can have a study regarding this?Also we have a cache engine, Blue Coat, which blocks ip's and restricts on...

I've configured a 6500 FWSM module in transparent mode with multiple contexts and SSH is used to login.Unfortunately I'm struggling with the easy bit - I've created a local username/psasword with privilege level 15 but the only username the FWSM will...

m-poole by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks,I'm hoping to use dhcprelay agent to provide DHCP addresses to devices behind my FWSM. The DHCP server is on a network a hop away from the (outside) interface, while the network I want to provide DHCP service to is on an (inside) interface.I c...

What kind of a performance hit am I going to have if I use a VAM 2 module to do AES encryption instead of DES encryption? All the documentation says that a VAM 2 is designed for DES but I want to use it to do AES.. am I going to see a big drop in per...

cboland by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm looking for a CCO or other reference that lists ports required to permit Microsoft Netmeeting INCOMING calls to be permitted (and configured on a PIX). The incoming calls will be to a single inside host with a static address available on the out...

cyee by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes