cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Safety and Security Desktop Application

jhilton28
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with the Safety and Security Desktop Application (Version: 7.5.26.8840)

I am currently running OS: Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1803 OS build 17134.112

When I launch the application, I am able to authenticate properly and the application loads the cameras, however, on the left hand side of the application where it shows 'Locations' when I attempt to click on a location within the tree I get the following error and the application crashes:

Unhandled Exception
System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

The only way I am able to view cameras through SASD application is by not clicking on the location field and just enter the camera name/number directly in the search cameras text box.

I have tried to uninstall and re-install the SASD application several times along with rebooting and nothing seems to fix.

Has anyone seen this issue before?  If so, is there a fix?

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

It sounds like a PC issue to me. Have you tried running SASD as an administrator? You should see that choice when you rt-click on the SASD icon. What version of VSM are you running? 

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

Perhaps another thing to try is to reinstall or repair .NET on your computer. I've had to do that a time or two to get some of the issues I was having with SASD.