cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3850 - QoS commands not registering

Nathan Farrar
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a 3850 with QoS configured that has suddenly decided to stop allowing commands to be added/altered. I go into the policy-map, drop into the class within that policy and no matter the command it will not register. No errors will pop up, no syntax issues. I removed a policing command because it wouldn't change for me figuring I needed to start fresh to make the adjustments... Went to put it back in and nothing. 

Bug? I really don't want to schedule a reboot of this thing...

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

provide show version,. some example of config which was working, and suddenly not working ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Its a stack of 2, 1 is 3.6.6E and the other is 3.6.5E. Both older versions.

Also, I did reload the stack and was able to change the policing on the policy map... but now I can't assign a service policy to an interface. This is just weird.

Not to mention that the service policies were in place before I reloaded, and yes I saved the config...

I found the but, and it might be useful to open up a new topic on it.

Seems that if I add the 'violate-action' command or 'exceed-action set-ip-dscp-transmit af31' command to a policy-map, I am not able to apply that policy to an input service policy for an interface. Never experienced this before. As soon as I remove that 'violate-action' or set the exceed-action to drop it will apply.

Got to be a bug.

Did you also check syslog for errors?

I did. It all went away after I rebooted the switch. Something weird happened while I was deleting the configuration and making changes.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card