cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3850 - QoS commands not registering

Nathan Farrar
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a 3850 with QoS configured that has suddenly decided to stop allowing commands to be added/altered. I go into the policy-map, drop into the class within that policy and no matter the command it will not register. No errors will pop up, no syntax issues. I removed a policing command because it wouldn't change for me figuring I needed to start fresh to make the adjustments... Went to put it back in and nothing. 

Bug? I really don't want to schedule a reboot of this thing...

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

provide show version,. some example of config which was working, and suddenly not working ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Its a stack of 2, 1 is 3.6.6E and the other is 3.6.5E. Both older versions.

Also, I did reload the stack and was able to change the policing on the policy map... but now I can't assign a service policy to an interface. This is just weird.

Not to mention that the service policies were in place before I reloaded, and yes I saved the config...

I found the but, and it might be useful to open up a new topic on it.

Seems that if I add the 'violate-action' command or 'exceed-action set-ip-dscp-transmit af31' command to a policy-map, I am not able to apply that policy to an input service policy for an interface. Never experienced this before. As soon as I remove that 'violate-action' or set the exceed-action to drop it will apply.

Got to be a bug.

Did you also check syslog for errors?

I did. It all went away after I rebooted the switch. Something weird happened while I was deleting the configuration and making changes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card