cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Problem in ASR

gomez.juan
Level 1
Level 1

We have problem con EIGRP and two ASR 1001 in High Availability. ASR2 have received all route (100 route) from PE, but in ASR1 doesnt received all route (75 route) from PE or from other ASR02. All PE have all route. The ASR1 when modify or lost some route dont update to the ASA. see diagram.

5 Replies 5

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Juan,

EIGRP routers also have their Router ID, similar to OSPF. If two routers happen to have the same EIGRP Router ID, they may mutually ignore networks they advertise themselves. You should check for an EIGRP Router ID conflict.

On both ASRs and on PE, issue the show ip eigrp topology command and check for the heading of this output. For example:

R1#show ip eigrp topo

IP-EIGRP Topology Table for AS(1)/ID(223.255.255.1)

Notice the highlighted ID - that is the EIGRP Router ID. Make sure that this Router ID is distinct and unique on all three routers.

Should this be okay, it will probably be necessary to see your configuration on ASR1.

Best regards,

Peter

The router-id was planned and is different in the ASR and ASA. It may be a problem in EIGRP and used versions of IOS, see version in diagram. How can i determine this?

Hello Juan,

You may want to try to use the Bug Search Tool at https://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/bssprt/bss to find out if there is any known EIGRP issue for ASRs.

However, at this point, I am not yet willing to admit this is an IOS bug. Let's continue debugging the issue. When you issue the show ip eigrp topology on the ASR1, do you see the missing routes at least in the topology table? How many networks should you have in your routing table, anyway?

Best regards,

Peter

This Bug CSCtx04709 is the problem.  We have SIA routes in Topology Table (ASR1). See output

show ip eigrp topolo all (ASR1):

****************  suppressed  output, ASR1  **************** 

A 10.2.1.15/32, 0 successors, FD is 5128448, Q, serno 3092414, refcount 1

2 replies, active never, query-origin: Local origin

via 10.2.2.2 (5128448/5128192), GigabitEthernet0/1, serno 3755931       (PE)

via 10.1.1.3 (Infinity/Infinity), GigabitEthernet0/0, serno 3702380             (ASA)

via 10.1.1.4 (5128704/5128448), GigabitEthernet0/0, serno 3755936       (ASR2)

Remaining replies:

via 10.1.1.9, r, GigabitEthernet0/0

via 10.1.1.7, r, GigabitEthernet0/0

The ASA and other neighbors, saw this route (10.2.1.15) to ASR1.

I did an update to 15.2(2)S1 in both ASR and fixed the issue.

Thank you by your help.

jason_song
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Juan,

I think ASR1 router should receive all routes from PE so you can verify this with sh ip eigrp top all command. This command will tell you if there is any route failing feasible condition because different PE routers in SP network.

Also, I don't know if EIGRP peering is needed between ASR routers if these routers should receive same routes from PE. ASA should create ECMP load balancing to both ASR routers.

Regards,

Jason

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco