cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way of getting an IOS from cisco without service contract?

voiceavadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Ok this is a little bit of a dupe but:

I've accidently deleted the IOS off of my 2600 Series router (2610XM), the file I think I need is, WIC-xAM-V2-F49-1922F-4M-image.bin But I can't download it from Cisco, to carry out an xmodem procedure, without having a service contract with them.

Does anyone know of a way I can download the appropriate file?

Thanks,

Olly.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Olly

I looked at the file that you attached and it clearly shows that the only file in flash is a copy of start-up. So there is no .bin file in flash and that explains the error message when the router attempts to boot and complains that it can not load "flash".

The solution is to get a copy of an image file for the 2600. Unfortunately without a service contract I do not have a good suggestion of how to do that.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

kmccourt
Level 1
Level 1

Firstly, I'm unable to help you with the download. However, the file you have listed is NOT an IOS file but is a firmware file for an analog modem WIC.

You'll be able to see the various IOS options for a 2610XM via the link at

http://software.cisco.com/download/type.html?mdfid=278803518&flowid=7344 but you will need a valid login to download these.

Thanks Kmccourt,

If it's not too much trouble, can you please check out my attached startup procedure and the output of my "dir flash:" command and let me know which file is most appropriate.

Thanks again.

Olly

I looked at the file that you attached and it clearly shows that the only file in flash is a copy of start-up. So there is no .bin file in flash and that explains the error message when the router attempts to boot and complains that it can not load "flash".

The solution is to get a copy of an image file for the 2600. Unfortunately without a service contract I do not have a good suggestion of how to do that.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick - This is as I expected. Oh well, I better find someone with a service comtract then.

Might be easier to buy another 2600 off ebay.

I'm sure they're going cheap

Hi Olly,

You need to have a valid service contract to download the software for any cisco device.

Reason that you need to accept the agreement to download and use of the software.

Acknowledgement will be something like this:

By checking this field, I hereby certify that I, as a duly authorized representative of the organization, understand and agree to abide by the conditions set forth above regarding the usage of Cisco Systems, Inc. hardware and/or software.

Regards

Inayath

InayathUlla Sharieff wrote:

Hi Olly,

You need to have a valid service contract to download the software for any cisco device.

Reason that you need to accept the agreement to download and use of the software.

Actually the reason is that Cisco wants to be paid for their software updates and bug fixes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card