cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SD WAN : Web Server Certificate

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

In my environment, Cisco SD-WAN Web server certficate is expiring. 

What is the impact if is expires ? What will happen if I dont renew it.

24 Replies 24

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this vmanage certificate when you access vmanage GUI ?

then look below :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/sd-wan/217426-understand-the-web-certificate-for-vmana.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

Yes it is the vManage certificate which access via GUI.

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

In addition to the above, as shown in the link we do see the certificate error when accessing the vManage GUI.

So in this scenario, wanted to understand what will happen if we don't update this certificate which is expiring soon?

if this is public faced - always suggest to renew is good security practice, if not some browser may through error and may not accept the URL due to certs not valid.

as per the device concerns nothing happends.

BB

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

We are using the default certificate & I feel that is the reason we are getting the error while accessing it ?
Will Cisco by default will be renewing this certificate ? Is not do I need to update it manually ?

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

any inputs or help ?

Hi,

by default it should use self-signed certificate. Recently, we had the scenario that enterprise signed cert has expired and nothing was happened. Just it shows an "insecure" browser error due to expiration time. I renewed it and it become "green".

So, no impact.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

ok thanks. I understand that there will be no impact.

But would like to understand who is responsible for renewing this certificate. Is it Cisco responsibility ?

either on prem  or cloud - user is responsible to replace certs.

BB

The reason I wanted to check is because, it is the default certificate. We never changed this certificate. So wanted to check and confirm whether it is Cisco responsibility or is it our responsibility.

Hope i have addressed that on the above post.

BB

Let me know what is the procedure to renew this certificate.

This is your - support team responsibility. This is your server you need to configure i.e manage it at OS level.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

Let me know how to renew this certificate ?