Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

I don't know transparent bridging very well....but I try to explain better my issue I want to transport ethernet frame on a routed network so that the destination can recognize the client by MAC address, is it possible with transparent bridging???

Our company is growing over multiple locations to the point where we are planning to apply to ARIN for a block of 16 Class C blocks to avoid future hassles when changing upstream providers. I have no understanding of the routing issues at that level...

phampton by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Customer have existing IBM 2210 routers, and they just bought Cisco router for their expanded network. So they need to integrate Cisco router with their old IBM routers by connecting SDLC-to-SDLC between 3746 and 3174.The diagram is like follow: 317...

c.sugondo by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,What is the true benefit of enabling TCP/IP stack on main frame vs router. Beside the tcp/ip all the way. Any suggestionAlso i have 3 main frame with 3 LPAR define D20, D10, P20 and P10, currently tcp/ip stack is enable only on D20. I will be enab...

jsyed by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I would like to change the SDLC VMAC address for some devices (due to a mistake made when assigning the address numbering scheme). I would very much appreciate advice on whether by doing so, will active connections be lost and need to be reset ?By t...

h.chia by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have the following network set-up:Remote Mainframe -- 3745 -- 64K Leased Line -- 3720 -- Central MainframeThe traffic between the Remote Mainframe and the Central Mainframe is SNA.The Central Mainframe also has a CIP connection to a Cisco 7507.We ...