cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a new registration certificate fails

dganta
Level 1
Level 1

My CSPC data is not getting uploaded in to SNTC though we have registered the entitlement certificate. Considering the server hostname and the CSPC name shouls be same we generated a new  registration certification however that is not getting uploaded in the CSPC as it gives error unable to read the contents.

> When I am trying to upload the data following error is displayed:

CSP0009038900:A connectivity exception occurred while processing the request. The exception is :: HTTPs transport mode has failed peer not authenticated.

We have checked that all the ports are opened so we are considering this might be a certificate issue however we are not able to register the certificate. Can you please let us know how the new certificate registration can succeed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the update. At this time please login to the CSPC CLI as collectorlogin and then su to root. From there please execute the command 'service concsotgw restart' and attempt a new upload.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you provide the current running version of the CSPC? (Help-->About-->View Versions)

Also, is this CSPC required to go through a proxy to reach the internet? Is there an SSL intercept action being taken for outgoing HTTPs traffic?

Thank you

Thanks for the response.

The version is 2.8 and the patch installed is the latest 2.8.1.2.  There is no proxy involved here the SSL inspection is enabled but is in detect mode. Will this still impact the upload. Please clarify

The SSL inspection will break the certificate chain the CSPC uses to upload via HTTPs to Cisco. You can confirm this from the CLI using the command below while logged in as root;

openssl s_client -connect concsoweb-prd.cisco.com:443

The expected output should look like this;

[root@localhost ~]# openssl s_client -connect concsoweb-prd.cisco.com:443
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=2 C = BM, O = QuoVadis Limited, CN = QuoVadis Root CA 2
verify error:num=19:self signed certificate in certificate chain
---
Certificate chain
0 s:/C=US/ST=CA/L=San Jose/O=Cisco Systems, Inc./CN=concsoweb-prd.cisco.com
i:/C=US/O=HydrantID (Avalanche Cloud Corporation)/CN=HydrantID SSL ICA G2
1 s:/C=US/O=HydrantID (Avalanche Cloud Corporation)/CN=HydrantID SSL ICA G2
i:/C=BM/O=QuoVadis Limited/CN=QuoVadis Root CA 2
2 s:/C=BM/O=QuoVadis Limited/CN=QuoVadis Root CA 2
i:/C=BM/O=QuoVadis Limited/CN=QuoVadis Root CA 2
---

@jofrumki thanks for the response I have tried after removing the exception and it works as mentioned below, however the upload was not successful when I checked I saw that it is also trying to communicate with natkit-upload.cisco.com, though not sure whether this is the source of the problem or the certificate is the source of the problem. However when I am trying to generate a new certifcicate from smart service and assign it to the CSPC tool it fails saying unable to read the contents of the registration certificate file

Can you provide screenshots of the error seen while uploading as well as the error while attempting to use the new certificate?

Please see the screen shots below

Attaching Zip file for all the screenshots

Thank you for the update. At this time please login to the CSPC CLI as collectorlogin and then su to root. From there please execute the command 'service concsotgw restart' and attempt a new upload.

@jofrumki restaring the service fixed the issue. Thanks for your help

@jofrumki thanks for the response I have tried after removing the exception and it works as mentioned below, however the upload was not successful when I checked I saw that it is also trying to communicate with natkit-upload.cisco.com, though not sure whether this is the source of the problem or the certificate is the source of the problem. However when I am trying to generate a new certifcicate from smart service and assign it to the CSPC tool it fails saying unable to read the contents of the registration certificate file

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: