cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the CSPC deveice list be leveraged for Cisco Prime?

npicard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello experts,

This question came up in a portal training with a customer who has both the CSPC for SNTC and also has Cisco Prime. They wanted to know if the device list from the CSPC could be leveraged to feed the Prime collector and vice-versa.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Nat,

I know you can export any report from Prime with IP addresses and copy and paste the IPs into the collector for discovery. I can give detailed steps if you want.

As for CSPC into Prime, I don't know enough about Prime to say for certain. I imagine it has a similar feature, so you should just have to export the managed device list from the CSPC.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

Thanks for the info! Can you post here or send me the instructions you refer to above?

Nat

Courtesy of Alice/Techzone. This might be outdated, but it did work at one point.

To Export Report from Prime:

Step 1 Choose Operate > Device Work Center.

Step 2 Select devices and click Export Device.

Step 3 Enter an encryption password that will be used to open the exported CSV file.

Step 4 Confirm the encryption Password and click Export to export the device information.

Step 5 Double click the ExportDevice.zip file and enter the encryption password to open the ExportDevice.csv file.

To Import Report into CSPC:

1) Log into CSPC collector as root.

2) Change directory to $CSPCHOME/cli/bin and login to
#./cli_launcher.sh

3) Go to $CSPCHOME/components/cli/bin/linux and login to
#. ./connect2CSPC.sh

4)Execute the script with the below options to import the seedfile:

#./import_seedfile.sh _jobname <seed_job_name> _f </opt/seedfile> _fileformat <CISCO_CNC_CSV> _triggerdiscovery <true> _triggerdav <true>

Option descriptions:
1: _jobname <jobname> -- Specify the job name
2: _f <filename> -- Specify the seedfile
3: _fileformat <fileformat> -- Specify one of the supported file formats: CISCO_WORKS_DCR, CISCO_WORKS_CSV,      CISCO_CNC_CSV, PARI_CREDENTIALS, SIMPLIFIED_CSV
4: _triggerdiscovery <triggerDiscovery> -- Specify one of the boolean values: "true", "false" (default is "false")
5: _triggerdav <triggerDAV> -- Specify one of the boolean values: "true", "false" (default is "false")
6: _description <description> -- Specify the job description
7: _seedfiledescription <seedFileDescription> -- Specify the seedfile description
8: _devicegroup <deviceGroup> -- Specify the device group
9: _entitlementid <entitlementid> -- Specify the entitlement ID

Export Report from CSPC:

1. Go to Reports > Managed Devices

2. Click the arrow to export the managed device list

3. Choose the CSV option

4. In the pop-up window, choose a location to save the file

The part I don't know is how to import the report into Prime, or if that's possible.

Thanks,

Lynden