cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot ssh to CSPC 2.6.1

konsecioner
Level 1
Level 1

Tried to update 2.6.1 to the latest version and I was not able to ssh into a collector. I used to use an account with Administrator rights. Attached a screenshot with the error 'Permission Denied'. Aldo, we tried default user and password admin/Admin!23 and I've got the same error. Please help. Thanks

ssh-error.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In 2.6.1 this means that your installation has some corrupted modules, any further patches would have to be installed with root privileges.

If you don’t have collectorlogin / root access then I’m afraid your options are limited.
It will probably be easier to create a brand new VM and simply copy your old credentials and devices into the new CSPC.

Regards,
Cesar

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What was the previous version of CSPC?

In addition, the default admin password would probably not work as it forces you to change the password upon first login.

Did you enable the collectorlogin and root users?

Not sure what was the previous version, how can I check it?

I don't have collectorlogin and root users:

Capture.PNG

Hi again,

By default, upon first login the system will ask you to reset the password to a new value (default password would most likely not work).
Since you don’t appear to have collectorlogin and/or root, then I’m afraid you will have to reinstall a new collector. The current OVA is on version 2.7.

For more details, go here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/services/smart-net-total-care/index.html#gettingStarted

Cesar

Hi,

I got a password for admin and looks like the password works fine but now we have another issue, absolutely same issue as described here 

I guess this is known bug and we need to install patch update. Can you please point me to the patch? thanks.

cspc_Capture.PNG

In 2.6.1 this means that your installation has some corrupted modules, any further patches would have to be installed with root privileges.

If you don’t have collectorlogin / root access then I’m afraid your options are limited.
It will probably be easier to create a brand new VM and simply copy your old credentials and devices into the new CSPC.

Regards,
Cesar