cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing IP address for managed devices

russelp73
Level 1
Level 1

I had the IP address of a few managed devices change. What I did to try and correct this in my collector was to un-manage the devices then try to discover them with the new IP address. I get the error device already managed by ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx which is the old address it was managed by. When I search managed devices those devices are no longer listed how do I get these devices back into my collector? 

3 Replies 3

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Russel,

Run a discovery on the old IP addresses. It should respond "unreachable" and you should then be able to run a discovery on the new IP addresses. (This will only work if the old IPs are not on the network or are assigned to a new device)

Thanks,

Lynden

I have the same problem. I even deleted the unreachable devices and tried again. The discovery with the new IP still comes back with device already managed by the old IP. There must be some way to permamently delete the reference.

Try rebooting the server, and then check again. I've seen a bug where it seems to hang onto devices like this before and rebooting fixed the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: