cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.10 Issue

mgiardina
Level 1
Level 1

We installed the new version of CSPC 2.10 and it installed fine.  The problem we have is during any collection the software seems to lockup and the collection never completes.  We have restarted the cspc services and the admin gui services and the software comes back up and you can log in and see the devices fine.  When you try do a manual collection, the same thing happens again.

10 Replies 10

kaptanej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi , 

Let us check the details and we will get back with an update . 

Please dm the following details :

• Company name
  • APPLIANCE ID 
  • CCO ID 
  • EMAIL ADDRESS 

Thanks & Regards, 

Kapil Taneja 

Alex Open
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have this Problem too!

Please help me!

Regards,

Aleksey

david
Level 1
Level 1

I'm hitting this same issue after adding some additional devices.  Last successful collection and upload to SNTC Portal was on Monday.  I left a Collection running over night and this morning I get the logon screen, enter username, password and Captcha code then click logon.  I can see a spinning set of dots along side 'Connecting to CSPC server', but nothing else happens after that.

If I open a new tab or new web browser and try to connect I don't get anything displayed other than the URL and the favicon image alongside Common Services Platform Collector tab name.  No long prompt.

After restarting the appliance I can log back in.  Reviewing the Job Run Status the Collection is aborted due to the appliance restart, but it appears that the collection job gets stuck.  I can see that it goes through the following steps:

Initializing...

Discovering known devices...

Job aborted due to server restart.

The associated Discovery Job has a large number of devices that are discovered/duplicates and has a group of devices that seem to fail discovery.  Then the log shows Job aborted due to server restart.

I've spent the morning working through the devices that CSPC was flagging as Unreachable Nodes. Its strange as all of the devices in the list were added previously and shown as managed, yet rediscovering them they were re added as newly Managed. Now that I've completed this I've been able to run a manual collection using the STNC profile.

@mgiardina I'll have a look to see how things go over the next few days but may well follow the approach that you have detailed.  Many thanks

mgiardina
Level 1
Level 1

In my case is was a memory leak in the default collection profile SNTC.  I had to recreate a new collection profile and was I did that and used it instead of the default SNTC profile that comes preloaded, everything started working fine.  I would suggest that you go to Settings and then "Manage Data Collection Profiles" and create a new one, don't clone SNTC, you can use the exact same settings as the default SNTC one.  Then go up to "Collect" and choose the new profile you just created and run it.  See if everything runs fine.

Hi @david @Alex Open , 

Sorry for the late response . 

Please let us know if you are still facing the issue ?

Thanks & Regards, 

Kapil Taneja 

Hi @kaptanej 

I'm still having the issue with the default collection profile.  I attempted to recreate the collection profile as suggested by @mgiardina but have struggled to include all the collection items, and had the same issue when using the new collection profile.  I may well have set this up incorrectly.

I was able to get the deafult collection profile to run when I rediscovered devices that were imported to the collector initally OK, but had then subsequently started to report as unreachable nodes.

Many thanks

David

Hello @david , 

Could you please provide the following details in PM(Personal Message) so that we can look further in your issue : 

• Company name 
  • Email Address
  • CCO ID 
  • Appliance id 
  • Customer name 
  • CSPC Version 

Thanks & Regards, 

Kapil Taneja

david
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kapil,

I've sent you a PM with the requested details

KR

David

Hi @david , 

Thank you for the information . I got it . 

Thanks , 

Kapil Taneja