Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC lost ip address ssh and https

jeff.oak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I'm in trouble at the minimum tin. The CSPC VM lost the ip, without access to http and ssh.

But accessing the VM via Hyper V Console, access ok, via Admin and root. the icfg-eth0 with ip ok, but with the add ip command, shows eth2, I changed the configuration file to ifcfg-eth2, still to no avail.

I tried to add new network card to no avail. does not activate new network card.

Have you caught something like this, ip disappeared / lost ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I understood you correctly you only need one interface which b y default is eth0 correct?

Please do the following :

In deploying the  image  you would have created the cli admin password?  (java based shell authentication is not the same as the GUI)

If so have you also created/activated  the users collectorlogin and root ? (real linux shell)

If not do the following for the cli admin  shell

admin# pwdreset root 90

And

admin# pwdreset collectorlogin 90

it will activate those accounts and generate their passwords  ( keep them where you can refer to them in the future)

after that

Via SSH Login to collector as user collectorlogin and then use command below to connect as root (cannot connect directly)

# su root

once connected do then the following commands :

Delete any permanent rules for networking

# rm -rf  /etc/udev/rules.d/70*

Delete any ifcfg-eth2 and fcfg-eth1 if you have any on /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts only leave eth0

# rm -rf /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth2

# rm -rf /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1

on your vm settings delete the network interface

then add again  then reboot the vm

once is up again then check if the eth0 is now available with the IP

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I understood you correctly you only need one interface which b y default is eth0 correct?

Please do the following :

In deploying the  image  you would have created the cli admin password?  (java based shell authentication is not the same as the GUI)

If so have you also created/activated  the users collectorlogin and root ? (real linux shell)

If not do the following for the cli admin  shell

admin# pwdreset root 90

And

admin# pwdreset collectorlogin 90

it will activate those accounts and generate their passwords  ( keep them where you can refer to them in the future)

after that

Via SSH Login to collector as user collectorlogin and then use command below to connect as root (cannot connect directly)

# su root

once connected do then the following commands :

Delete any permanent rules for networking

# rm -rf  /etc/udev/rules.d/70*

Delete any ifcfg-eth2 and fcfg-eth1 if you have any on /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts only leave eth0

# rm -rf /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth2

# rm -rf /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1

on your vm settings delete the network interface

then add again  then reboot the vm

once is up again then check if the eth0 is now available with the IP