cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC Migration from 2.8.1.9 to 2.10

danielbarri
Level 1
Level 1

When reading the "CSPC 2.10 Migration Guide October 21" ; among other things it states:

- Make sure CSPC 2.8.1.8/2.9/2.9.1

- Following settings are migrated form CSPC 2.8.1.8,2.9 and 2.9.1

I would like to double check if CSPC running 2.8.1.9 is also eligible as a version to migrate from?

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Note: With this release, support for CSPC 2.8 will be discontinued.
It is highly recommended that all customers install CSPC 2.10. The underlying OS version (CentOS for CSPC 2.9 is approaching end of support in December 2021.
Migration scripts can be leveraged to import most of the stored settings from CSPC 2.8 / 2.9 installations.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Mike Kemp
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco have suspended the 2.10 roll out due to issues with the OVA hanging. Im pretty sure the migration script will work as you are over 2.8.1.8. I haven't used the script however.  Its easy to export the credentials and discovery profiles and import them into the new version of Collector. 

Hi Mike, could you please clarify "2.10 roll out suspended"?

I see "Collector-2.10-B-14_signed_sha256.ova" is available for downloading, is that image a working one?

>"Its easy to export the credentials and discovery profiles and import them into the new version of Collector"

I could found below steps for credentials backup, but miss for the discovery profiles.
----------
Credentials Backup from CSPC :
Go to Credentials--> Export-->give GUI password--> select csv format--> save

Credentials Import into new CSPC:
Go to Credentials--> Import
----------
Could you please provide the steps for export/import of discovery profiles?

Did Cisco tell you this? My install via .iso or .ova is hung at "A start job is running for /etc/rc.d/rc.local Compatibility". I tried fixed lease DHCP for the MAC and the boot process does not finish allowing us to set the root or collectorlogin. @ciscowhatsup