Views
Helpful
Replies

Error uploading registration certificate

DK-Island
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

I am having issues getting the registration certificate to apply to my configuration. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG

7 Replies 7

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

Can you verify that the file downloaded was not unzipped? In addition ensure that the file size of the zip file is around 12k.
If all of the above are true, please try using a different browser to apply the license.

If you still have issues, please share the appliance ID and we can verify from our side that the ID is valid.

Regards,
Cesar

Thanks for getting back to me.

I checked the file and it is 12k in size.

I left the file in zip format.

I have tried 4 different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE)

How do I find the appliance ID ?

The appliance ID is the number of the CSPC license: “CSP0009****”.

Here you go. CSP0009031411

Thanks for the details.

The license looks to be registered properly on our side.

This error would normally mean that the file isn't proper, but the size looks correct.

A couple recommendations below:

• Try performing a full reboot of the VM and try one more time.
  • Try redownloading the license file and apply one more time.
  • Ensure there are no permission issues with the file and the folder it's stored.
  • If all else fails, you can try selecting the "CSPC trial" - which would allow you to get through this initial registration page. Once done, you will be able to replace the license with the new license.

Let me know if you have issues with any of these.

Cesar

Hi there.

I tried rebooting, applying the file again and that didn't work.

I continued using the trial option so I am in the appliance and I am able to collect data from the devices.

I went to apply the registration certificate within the application and I am receiving the same error. "Unable to read the contents of the registration certificate file"

What do I need to do to get past this? I have to be honest that this whole setup has not been easy at all. I had to manually setup the appliance IP, etc from the CLI too.

Thanks.

If performing the steps above you are not able to apply the certificate, then there aren't many options left.

If you have not yet downloaded a fresh copy of your cert, I would suggest that. You could also generate a new cert on the portal and try that as well.

In some instances, the browser is the reason for some failures, you can make sure that cache and cookies are cleared before importing the cert.

It could also be that your install was corrupted at some point and some features aren't working. In that case, a reinstall would be an option to try.

Unfortunately troubleshooting via a community post is not ideal and limits both parties.

There is always the option to work directly with TAC via a support case, provided that you have a valid support contract.

Regards,

Cesar