Views
Helpful
Replies

Informations missing on portal

Cisco SmartNet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have another customer with informations that are missing, there is only hostname, IP and Product Family filled:

Cat Omnilink.JPG

There is no serial number, product ID, product name... And we need those informations to get our job done right.

We need some help, please!

Regards

5 Replies 5

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you say "another customer" you mean you have a post already on that previous customer, if so please paste the URL of that post here.

They are different customers, different cases, when I said "another customer" means that I opened a case yesterday for a customer that have the same problem as the customer for this case today, both has devices being collected but missing important informations on SNTC for us, Cisco partners.

Thank you

You have a "case" or a post ???  in any case this is caused typically for devices being discovered but not COLLECTED.  please do the following :

Thank you for the data,   The correct flow is -->  DISCOVERY -> COLLECTION  --> UPLOAD

If you do have an upload profile please unscheduled it.

Please schedule the Collection profile and ensure that the upload to REMOTE server is set as below and then run it . once it is run properly wait it to be processed and then  review the portal itself and lets know if the problem persists

The Collection profile already does have an upload set to backed server as soon as it finish and an upload profile is redundant and sometimes counter productive you have discovered devices but not collected them.

collection profile.JPG

Yes, I have a post, sorry for use the wrong word.

I always used the correct flow:

- Discovery

- Collection and check in the "Managed Devices" if the devices are reachable or not

- When all the devices are being collected correctly, we schudule the collection profile and then the upload is made automatically, as the image below:

colection.JPG

About this issue, I saw on "Inventory Collection Delta" report that, on old collections, the device was collected with serial number but now it doesn't have serial number anymore.

Regards

Hi there,

Any update on this issue?

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: