cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

installing collector on a smart service contract with a SIGNED status instead of an ACTIVE status

esanders
Level 1
Level 1

Can I install and validate a SNTC collector with a device covered by a SIGNED PSS or SNTC contract?

Regards

Eric Sanders

3 Replies 3

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your question may not be representing what you want to know.

The answer is yes if what you mean is to get collector support.   For SNTC you can get collector support and portal support from TAC with a signed contract.

But perhaps you question is related to getting to the creation of the portal account  and the creation of certificate.  The contract needed for this is not the SMART ASSIST or SNTC contract which has no devices in it, but it is a service line. but for the task of on-boading and creation of the portal instance for the account in SNTC it is the SNT or similar contracts in which the devices are associated with

hi

thank you for reaching out.

You are right. I am not seeking cisco support on a portal or any other smart services.

Let me clarify this.

The situation is as follows. Currently there is an active SNT contract on a customers asset associated to an other partner.

This contracts enddate is 30-09-19.

All activities at this customers site has been taken over by us as from today.

A new support contract sold by us to this cusotmer will be active from 01-10-19 on this specific asset at this customers site.

Can I use this contract to active a smart portal even if our contract is currently signed, but not active yet.

Please private message the customer name that  presently exist with the other vendor on SNTC portal if any and the present contract with the signed status.  I will research and let you know.