cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating ISE with CSPC

ryans2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I was wondering if anyone has integrated ISE with CSPC and if so if they can share what CSPC is able to see or pull from ISE.  From what I can find up to this point it sounds like CSPC just pulls basic SNMP info and version/patch from the configs.  I'm looking to understand more of what exactly that is and to see what exactly is seen in CSPC from ISE.  If anyone is able to share some examples or the details it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, CSPC doesn't collect, and therefore SNTC portal does not report, details about application software. However, for the ISE-33xx (and SNS-34xx, SNS-35xx) the following events will be reported:

• Product Hardware- End of life events
  • Product Software - End of life events (ADE-OS) 
  • Impacting field notices
  • PSIRTs

Note that ISEv requires CSPC 2.8. 

Hope this helps. 

Teresa

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SNTC CSPC only does not remote integrate with any NMS systems.. When you have a SNTC only collector it as an appliance must own the collection processes to the devices from customer network

ryans2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for the response but Im not sure I follow.  I am just looking to know that if my customer adds ISE to CSPC what information can I see in CSPC from the ISE appliance and ISE application if any.  We are trying to determine if there is value for them to add ISE to CSPC.  They already have CSPC and have all their network switches and routers in it.

Unfortunately, CSPC doesn't collect, and therefore SNTC portal does not report, details about application software. However, for the ISE-33xx (and SNS-34xx, SNS-35xx) the following events will be reported:

• Product Hardware- End of life events
  • Product Software - End of life events (ADE-OS) 
  • Impacting field notices
  • PSIRTs

Note that ISEv requires CSPC 2.8. 

Hope this helps. 

Teresa

This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you so much Teresa.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi,

May I ask how do I configure it on ISE 3515 and 3595 appliances to be polled by CSPC?

Do we have some documentation on it?

Jason Weids
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue relating to this. I have Cisco ISE being successfully discovered & collected by the CSPC. It is successful using SNMPv3 & CLI & shows that the show, inventory, show version etc were successfully run yet, it is not displaying the OS version in the collected data. This is leading to false alerts in the SNTC portal for PSIRTS on ISE version 1 when we are actually running version 3.

Anyone know how I can get the CSPC to collect the OS version of ISE?