Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with entering CCO details in CSPC 2.11

david
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

We have jsut deployed a CSPC 2.11 VM on ESXi 7.0.3.  Having issues when entering CCO credentials to allow for checks of software updates.  Error message advises vailidation of the credentials failed.  Have attempted to setup the same via CLI and get the same error.

Have had someone else within the team logon and use their details and getting the same error displayed.  Happy to share the followign in a PM to Cisco Contact if required:

1. CCOID/Email Address
2. Company Name:
3. CR-Party ID:
4. Company Address:

Here is a screen grab of the error

CSPC CCO Error.png

17 Replies 17

maareval
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Many thanks for your confirmation Mr. David. ! please check the guide below, This is the most updated Upgrade_Guide (Date July 2024), and upgrade by CLI is the only one mentioned. (Likewise, it has been tested internally and the GUI upgrade option is not available at the moment).  To move to the latest CSPC version (2.11.0.1) please follow the guide below:

CSPC Collection Platform Software Upgrade Guide ( July 2024): https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Upgrade-Guide.pdf 

Collector patch to upgrade to CSPC 2.11.0.1: https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.11.0.1 

Thank you for contacting Cisco and Smart Services community team! 

david
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks for the response. Issue with adding the CCO details was raised well before the 2.11.0.1 patch was available on 26 July, and the fact that GUI upgrades were not available has not ebeen mentioned prior to the release of the 2.11.0.1 patch. WE have been working on the issue for around 8 - 10 weeks now...

I also note there is an error within the Upgrade guide. Guide states that to install the JeOS upgrade enter the following command:

./install.sh jeos-30.4.0-1-lnx64.zip

This should actually be the following command:

./install.sh JeOS jeos-30.4.0-1-lnx64.zip

I kept getting an error advising the install script installs JeOS and SP patches. The format of the command is

./install.sh

The documentation is missing the patch type for the JeOS install. The service pack install clearly shows the patch type as SP within the command on the next page.

david
Level 1
Level 1

After applying patch 2.11.0.1 to my CSPC instance I've managed to connect the enable the server connection via the CLI.  Attempting to connect via the GUI still fails with the Validation of Credentials Failed Error message.

david_0-1722438361995.png

So resolution to the issue is to apply patch 2.11.0.1 then enable the server connection from the CLI.  Once enabled from the CLI I can also now see installed patches via the GUI:

david_1-1722438587586.png

Although the installed update of 2.11.0.1 doesn't show in the installed updates section of the GUI

david_2-1722438653448.png