cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New CSPC, won't upgrade

jwood.ok
Level 1
Level 1

I have a newly built CSPC that is 2.10.0.2.  I tied in my credentials to be able to check for updates, and it finds 2.10.0.6; however, clicking the Upgrade Now OR the schedule button appear to both not do a thing.

I was wondering if there was a way to manually update, but that posed another issue - the credentials I set up for the web interface do not seem to work on the cli interface.  I do not recall it asking for multiple credentials, so I'm not sure how to get into the cli.  So that's my second issue.

My third issue is - how in the world do you correctly shut down the CSPC?  I have it running as a VM and wanted to shut it down or restart it, and I've been through the menus and cannot find any options to shut down.

21 Replies 21

Hi Jason,

As you have mentioned the admin password is expired, you will have to reset the password. Please confirm if you have access to the root user in CLI. If not, then we can help you reset the password for root, admin, and collectorlogin. Once the password is set, then you can use the CLI method to upgrade the CSPC.

Please send me your email address over the Private Message (PM) so that we can reach out to you directly for further communication. 

Thanks and Regards,

Madhusha R

Thank you, I have sent you a private message with my email address.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the update. Kindly check your PM and let us know the update.

Madhusha

I have the same issue. CLI immediately says my account is expired. The GUI (sometimes) will give the same message as the rest of these people have posted. I've got all my accounts to never expire. I have no root, or collectorlogin credentials. This is supposed to be a bit of set and forget software, and it's a nightmare.

aloksin3
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

Good day to you! I have acknowledged this post. Could you please share the following details over the personal message-

CCO ID-

CONTRACT NO-

Customer Email Address -

COMPANY NAME-

If you are trying to upgrade the CSPC via GUI, sometimes we encounter such an error if there is an intermittent issue with the internet or server connection. You can share the error message to my Private Message (PM).

You can opt manual upgrade via CLI if you have the CLI credentials. Kindly confirm if you have the CLI credentials so that we can share the steps to upgrade the CSPC via CLI.

Thanks and Regards,
Alok Singh

I've sent the requested information via PM. Thanks.

Thank you so much for your assistance, Alok. Just for for anyone else that has this issue, once the passwords are reset, you can keep them from expiring by logging in with root creds, and then issuing the following command for any password you want to keep from expiring. "chage -m -0 -M 99999 collectorlogin". You can confirm it worked by running "chage -l collectorlogin"