Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove decommissioned devices from SNTC inventory

krunal.dave
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am tasked with removing decommissioned devices from SNTC. We have a Cisco CSP collector onsite. Reason to remove is that decommissioned devices are showing up as renewal for support.

Please assist.

13 Replies 13

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

decommissioned devices should not be showing on your latest view of devices on the Portal.. if they are make sure you delete all your unreachable from your collector , do a new collection and upload to the portal and verify on the portal if they still showing on the portal on the latest view.

Please send me in private  a few of the devices and the Company name on the SNTC portal.

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Krunal,

You can not remove devices from SNTC but you can unmanage it from GUI before next upload. How to do that, please look for section 'unmanage devices' in below guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-User-Guide.pdf

You can remove devices by going to Management -> Unmanage Devices at the top of the CSPC GUI Toolbar

Please do let me know if you have any further question.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hi Supriya,

Adias said to delete the devices from CSP Collector and you are saying they can't be deleted. Which one is correct?

First, I am new to my company and not familiar with CSP Collector. Does the collector send the information to SNTC and from there the VAR collects device info?

If I can't delete, will unmanage not send the info to SNTC but will still discover the device on the collector?

By SNTC she meant the Portal not the collector.. go ahead and unmanage of devices that are unreachable do collection and upload send me the information I asked in private. Once you do that the devices that were decommissioned should not appear on your latest view.

Hi Adias,

Is there a link on a document you can share with me on how to run a new scan and upload? Never used the CSP Collector from before.

How do I reply in private?

I never used Cisco Community support before, but I am really amazed on the support and quickness. I am a fan!!

To upload nodes from text file, is it a notepad file with IP Addresses?

Example:

Hi,

I have unmanaged the devices and ran a collection. Once the collection completed, it tried to upload to SNTC but received and error.

Job Status:
Failed

Export Location:
_SNTC_UP/483_1

Other Details:
CSP0009015582: A connectivity exception occured while processing the request. The Exception is :: HTTPs TransportMode has Failed 500:Internal Server Error

Hello, can you please indicate the current version of your software?
In addition, can you show a screenshot of the configuration on your collection profile?

This error normally indicates there is a misconfigured setting.
Regards,

We are using CSP 2.7

are you able to see the images? the version we run is CSP 2.7

Hi Krunal,

Thanks for providing CSPC ID. I checked that certificate is very old (SNTC1.X). Please generate new certificate and upload to CSPC and run collection profile.

How to generate new certificate - https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/Generating-CSPC-Certificates.pdf

First delete old certificate from collector and add new certificate to CSPC.

Please do let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,
Supriya

Hi Krunal,

Here is the link, how you can private message:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/smart-net-total-care-blogs/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-sntc-community/ba-p/3104562

The guide that i have provided, it has detail information on how to to Discovery, Inventory and Upload using CSPC.

Please do let me know if you have any specific question after going thru it.

Thanks,
Supriya

Hi Krunal,

There are some 'how-to-video' on the top of below community page for CSPC collector and SNTC portal. Once you private message on requested information, we will able to check some information on your account and able to help you further. In order to perform anything on collector or portal, user has to have access to it.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/smart-net-total-care/ct-p/4891-smart-net-total-care

Please take a look and let us know how we can assist you further on this.

Thanks,

Supriya