cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACS+ breaks CSPC web gui login

brentcunningham
Level 1
Level 1

After enabling TACACS+ authentication in the CSPC gui I'm no longer able to login with admin account or any other account.  Is there a way to disable TACACS+ authentication from the CLI?  I'm able to login with root via ssh and then su to admin.  That brings up the clishell.  I would like to just undo the TACACS config and go back to being able to login with admin.

5 Replies 5

D Kendz
Level 1
Level 1

There is a section in the GUI to add the remote users that will have access via TACACS.  Seems like a redundancy that shouldn't be required, but unless you've added the corresponding remote users and their roles you will not have any users from which to log in. 

I'm unable to login to the gui since enabling TACACS.  That is why I'd like to know if there is a way to disable TACACS from the cli.

Take a look at conf ldap i think?  Otherwise youll have to redeploy. Also i highly recommend a model office version for testing all config first. Its been my experience that the server is full of these small surprises. 

conf ldap doesn't work.  Is there a complete CLI guide somewhere?  Neither the context help or the quick start guides have much information on the CLI.  I don't want to have to redeploy just to disable TACACS. 

Hi Brent,

You should still be able to log into the GUI using admin/Admin#123. If you are not then I'm not sure if the issue is related to TACACS. You can try restarting the server. From the CLI:

sudo service cspc restart

and then try to log into the GUI with admin/Admin#123 once it comes back up.

Thanks,

Lynden