cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble With Installing OVA on VM in Azure.

Lmarquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having issues with the installation of an OVA on a machine in Azure. Apparently it needs to be converted from an OVA/VMDK to a VHD - is this not viable? How would I best proceed with resolving this? 

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Cisco does not support Azure deployments for the OVA, only VMWare on ESXi. Any alterations to the OVA file void Cisco support capabilities.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Cisco does not support Azure deployments for the OVA, only VMWare on ESXi. Any alterations to the OVA file void Cisco support capabilities.

Awesome, thank you Batman!

Glad to help :)

Keep in mind we also offer an ISO image on the downloads page, your customer may have more success with that.

Actually, I just have one more question regarding things - they wanted to install it on Azure in the first place because they have multiple locations not talking or linked to one another; so they thought the cloud could be a solution in doing a collection process to other sites. 

But my real question is - could they just install multiple collectors to different sites and have all that information roll up into their portal through those multiple collectors under one entitlement / portal view?  

The option to manage devices through the cloud to one CSPC has not been tested to my knowledge and would require extensive ACL and FW configuration on the customer's part.
In situations like these where devices are separated by remote sites customers have deployed more than one CSPC.

So just for my own clarification, if the customer deployed multiple CSPC instances, would that also need multiple different entitlements to link to those CSPC instances, or would they need different SNTC portals per site?

Thank you so far!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: