cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access Smart Services portal

Jason Polce
Level 4
Level 4

We have a customer who has signed up for a Delegated Administrator for his company and has been approved. He is able to login to the tools.cisco.com/CDCEB management portal and can see his username listed as an administrator. When he navigates to the actual smart services portal at https://tools.cisco.com/smartservices he is getting an error message saying his account is not authorized. We double checked and he is signed up as a delegated admin, and the contract # we are using he has rights to. His CCO ID is:  Vvohra111

5 Replies 5

Kevin Kelly
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Being a Delegated Administrator gives you access to the Cisco Service Access Management application, which provides the ability to manage access for multiple portals/applications, for all employees of your company, including yourself.  In order to get access to the Smart Services portal, users must get one of the SNTC roles assigned.  If the DA needs to access the Smart Services portal, they should assign the SNTC Customer Admin role to themselves.  In CSAM, use the "User-Role Assignments > Assign Roles to Users" menu option.

Context-sensitive online help for Cisco Service Access Management is available via the "Help" link in the upper right corner of every page in that application.

Ok, we think we may have found out the problem, just not sure how we resolve. We are logging into the Cisco Service Access Management application to add users and assign roles. We are able to add new users, then we go to assign a role under User-Role assignments, select the user and click on the roles tab, but we are getting an error "No Available Roles to Assign to Users". I attached a screenshot showing this. The user we are logged in as is a Delegated Administrator/Company administrator. I tested with my CCO ID for my company and I can see 3 roles available to assign when i navigate to the same page. Any idea why my customer is unable to assign roles? Screenshot is attached and again his CCO ID is: Vvohra111

It appears that a data synchronization process failed when this particular company was onboarded. I re-sync'd and now the role appears and is assignable in the Cisco Service Access Management application.

Kevin,

How do we request this "data synchronization" to be re-done? I am facing this same issue and have no ability to assign the proper roles to get access to the Total Care Portal.

thanks!

HI:Kevin 

how do you solve this problem. I had a same question with you .