Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade version 2.8.1.8 stuck

Cisco SmartNet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have two differents customers facing the same issue. They did try to upgrade their CSPC to version 2.8.1.8 but both of them got stucked with "Status -> Initiated". It's been a while that the Status doesn't change, it's always as "Initiated". As you can see in the image below:

Upgrade stuck.png

Can somebody help us, please?

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If I am understanding the issue, the upgrade button was clicked but no progress on the upgrade has taken place. 

Personally, I prefer to run all my upgrades for my CSPC servers via the CLI. I am a bit partial to CLI verses GUI :) however, am open to ease of use when working as expected. 

Lets try this step next to see where we are at. 

show the following outputs

tail -f /opt/LCM/logs/install to see if any downloads/installs have been ran and when/date/time. 

Next show the following output

tail -f /opt/LCM/logs/apply to see if any install for the service packs have been ran when/date/time

The above will give us a roundabout assessment of where the server is in the install. 

Next will be to run the following to see if any processes are running and if we can proceed with running the install via CLI. If no process running I recommend starting the download via CLI and running the install/apply from the command line to finish the upgrade. 

Here is my example output of a finished CSPC process;

[root@CSPCSNTCLabWT logs]# ps -ef | grep apply
root 7609 7564 0 17:15 pts/1 00:00:00 grep apply

[root@CSPCSNTCLabWT logs]# ps -ef | grep install
root 7611 7564 0 17:15 pts/1 00:00:00 grep install

Share the output via PM. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter Thompson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good day to you, 

My sincere apologies for the delay in response to your question. 

Based on the screenshot (Thank you), the CSPC GUI upgrade process did not complete as expected.

Generally speaking, the upgrade reboots the collector and can take up to 1 hour or more. I usually let it run and step away when initiating the update via the CLI.

I'd recommend restarting the upgrade manually.

Please refer to the Cisco CSPC user guides for help;

1. I'd start here ->Download Hung -> https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC_Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

2. Apply JeOS Package 2.8.1.8 -> https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Upgrade-Guide.pdf

I hope the above helps. 

Hi there,

We (me with the customer) did try the command (upgrade job stuck at Initiated State, pages 6 and 7) from the guide you metioned but it doens't work, nothing happen after the command.

As you can see in the image below, nothing change after the command, just the green rectangle, until the Putty session is disconnected:comando upgrade stuck.jpg

Even if we insert command from topic #4 where is the green rectangle, stills without any change.

We noticed that the guide is talking about JOB SCHEDULED is stuck at initiated. We don't have any upgrade job scheduled, we just did click on the button "UPGRADE NOW" under the tab "Action".

May the reason because the command it's not working is that it is about Scheduled Job and we don't have any scheduled job?

Regards

If I am understanding the issue, the upgrade button was clicked but no progress on the upgrade has taken place. 

Personally, I prefer to run all my upgrades for my CSPC servers via the CLI. I am a bit partial to CLI verses GUI :) however, am open to ease of use when working as expected. 

Lets try this step next to see where we are at. 

show the following outputs

tail -f /opt/LCM/logs/install to see if any downloads/installs have been ran and when/date/time. 

Next show the following output

tail -f /opt/LCM/logs/apply to see if any install for the service packs have been ran when/date/time

The above will give us a roundabout assessment of where the server is in the install. 

Next will be to run the following to see if any processes are running and if we can proceed with running the install via CLI. If no process running I recommend starting the download via CLI and running the install/apply from the command line to finish the upgrade. 

Here is my example output of a finished CSPC process;

[root@CSPCSNTCLabWT logs]# ps -ef | grep apply
root 7609 7564 0 17:15 pts/1 00:00:00 grep apply

[root@CSPCSNTCLabWT logs]# ps -ef | grep install
root 7611 7564 0 17:15 pts/1 00:00:00 grep install

Share the output via PM. 

Best Regards,

Sorry. Missed the last part of your inquiry. The scheduled job refers to scheduling the download/upgrade for a later date/time.

But If you clicked the upgrade now and accepted both the K9 Agreement and End User License Agreements the upgrade should've started/completed.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: