Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable DHCP from CLI CSPC

AzgadIPNESIME
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I need your help to know the CLI command to disable/enable the DHCP option from the CSPC due to I need to change the static address to a dinamic IP address from DHCP.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

3 Replies 3

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Hope this will help.

This is from user admin login screen.

admin# conf dhcp *
-----------------------------
Usage:
admin# conf dhcp <networkType> <intf>
Eg:
admin# conf dhcp -v4 eth0
admin# conf dhcp -v6 eth0
-----------------------------
admin#

Thanks,

supriya

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

adding to another post, there is side effect for setting up dynamic IP. 

1. if you are not reserved the IP address for DSCP, if the Server reboot you get a different IP addresses.(below issues)

2. If you had ACL in your Device for the device to poll, CSPC not able to poll since the IP address changed.

3. as soon as you issue that command (mentioned other post) you loose the access and since IP changed.

not sure what reason you like to have dynamic IP, i do not see any advantage here. (if you reserved DHCP as static make sense).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here are three reasons why a dynamic IP is not advised.

1. If your SNMP ACLs are configured to accept traffic from the CSPC, using a dynamic IP address will prevent SNMP polling from working properly.
  2. If your FW is configured to allow outbound traffic to the SNTC back-end (concsoweb-prd.cisco.com:443) and dynamic IP could prevent the uploads from working as well.
  3. You must use console access to verify the IP every time you wish to use the GUI or CLI after a reboot. If for any reason you lose console access you may not be able to recover access and this would require a redeployment of the server.

We encourage our customers to use a static IP for the CSPC when possible. If you must use a dynamic IP then please make adjustments to your SNMP ACLs and FW rules to avoid disruption in service.