Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove decommissioned devices from SNTC

A.Begessinova
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Please advise how to remove decommissioned devices from SNTC portal? We have added decommissioned device IP address from "Unreachable Nodes" to "Unmanage Device" and done discovery job again. We have also created new inventory report in SNTC portal, but old information is still displayed..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for providing this data.

I reviewed the details. I believe the reason why you are seeing “historical” data is because your report preference is set to “comprehensive” – which will display all data that has ever been received. Change this to “latest” to view the data received in the last upload.

This can be done on the portal by going to Application Settings -> Report Preferences.

Regards.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

After un-managing any decommissioned devices from your CSPC, you will need to run also a new Collection Profile. This job will collect all latest data and issue a new upload to SNTC.

>From the SNTC Portal, please verify your application settings view "Latest" or "Comprehensive" to also help.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi Jarrett,
I have made job discovery with new created collection profile and generate new inventory report in SNTC, but no changes. In applications settings “comprehensive view” is configured

Hello,

Just an additional point of clarification; it will be necessary to run the (existing) collection profile once again after the devices in question have been unmanaged. Once the collection job is complete it will presumably upload the new data to Cisco for processing (based on the default configuration of the collection profile).

This may take several hours to complete so it would be worth verifying that the latest upload data has finished processing via the SNTC Portal as well.

Hi ,
We have run collection profile several times, but no changes...old switch data is still displayed in portal

To validate this, please share the name of the account, the CCO ID of the user viewing the data and a few IP addresses of the decommissioned devices.

Regards.

Name - NCO***
user ID - agi***
kzr***, 10.***
kzr***, 10.***
kzr***, 10.***
kzr***, 10.***
kzr***, 10.***

** Text has been masked to preserve data privacy.  Please provide sensitive information via private message, and only at the request of our experts. Thank you!

Thanks for providing this data.

I reviewed the details. I believe the reason why you are seeing “historical” data is because your report preference is set to “comprehensive” – which will display all data that has ever been received. Change this to “latest” to view the data received in the last upload.

This can be done on the portal by going to Application Settings -> Report Preferences.

Regards.

Thanks!