cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Smart Net Total Care Community!

Our community includes Cisco experts to answer your questions about the Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) portal and CSP-Collector.
Click the navigation links below to access materials for using our service and supported collectors.

Cisco Common Services Platform Collector (CSPC) 2.10.0.2 OVA Available

March 25th, Cisco is pleased to announce the release of an OVA file (virtual machine image) for CSPC 2.10.0.2. This new patch requires 2.10.0.1 to be installed on CSPC. We recommend CSPC 2.10.0.2 for ALL current and new installations.

The new 2.10.0.2 patch is available for download in the Software Down Center.

Announcing availability of CSPC 2.9.1.4 and End of Support for  all CSPC 2.9 collection Versions

February 16, We are pleased to annou­nce the release of CSPC Collection Platform Software 2.9.1.4 This release addresses customer found defects. For details please see the Release Notes.

With this release, Cisco will be ending support for all 2.9 version of CSPC Collector. We recommend upgrading to CSPC 2.10.0.1 for ALL current and new installations. A new 2.10.0.1 OVA file is available for download in the Software Down Center.

Cisco Common Services Platform Collector (CSPC) 2.10.0.1 OVA Available

January 31st, Cisco is pleased to announce the release of an OVA file (virtual machine image) for CSPC 2.10.0.1. This new OVA file combines the 2.10 OVA and 2.10.0.1 patch into one OVA file to download and deploy. We recommend CSPC 2.10.0.1 for ALL current and new installations.

The new 2.10.0.1 OVA file is available for download in the Software Down Center.

CSPC Patch Updates Available for Apache Log4j Java Logging Library

Updated Dec 20: We have posted Patch Releases for ALL CSPC 2.9 versions and above (including 2.9, 2.9.0.1, and 2.9.0.2, previously reported not affected) and 2.10 that address both CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046 PSIRTs.  Both patch releases are available now on the Software Down Center . We recommend you immediately update your collectors to resolve these critical vulnerabilities.

For the latest information please view Cisco Advisory CVE-2021-44228

Cisco Common Services Platform Collector (CSPC) 2.10 Collection

December 21, 2021, On Installation: If 2.10 startup job(/etc/rc.d/rc.local) is running for more than 20 mins then try pressing Alt+F1 through Alt+F6 to shift to alternate virtual terminals and you may see one of them waiting for with the admin password prompt. (if so, enter password)

November 16, 2021, We have identified an issue with CSPC 2.10 where inventory process is being stopped. The solution for this is to follow these steps:

1) Restart the CSPC service through CLI, once the services are up, Login to the CSPC GUI

2) Go to Settings -> Discovery Settings, set the "Serial Number Duplicate Check" to "No"

3) Trigger the Collection Profiles and verify Collection Profiles complete.

If you are still experiencing any issues with CSPC 2.10 please contact our support team.

Cisco Smart Assist Service

Onboarding assistance with remote resources who engages with you to deploy the Cisco software collector and access the portal. Train you on smart capabilities, and provide guidance on collections management. Installed base reconciliation, including data cleanup and installed base reporting. Technical support for the portal and collections through TAC.

To unlock the potential of smart capabilities quickly, take a glance at Smart Assist.

NOW AVAILABLE: Common Services Platform Collector Fundamentals (CSPCF)!

This on-demand course gives an introduction and explains the value of deploying the collector. Upon completion of the training, learners will be able to:

Install and configure the CSPC tool/software

Interpret and respond to security alerts generated via the SNTC portal

Generate reports via the SNTC portal and interpret the data

Proactively identify both external and internal threats via the SNTC portal

CSPCF Course Overview

Contact your Account Manager or Learning BDM for more information (learning-bdm@cisco.com)

Services APIs are Available

The Smart Net Total Care Services APIs are now available to all customers and partners in our production environment for you to use to integrate portal information into your business systems.

Check out the details in this blog about how to register and use them.

Smart Net Total Care Videos

Sydney Fisher
0 Comments
Karen Marshall
0 Comments
Learn how to discover, collect, and upload your inventory into Smart Net Total Care using the Netformx DesignXpert. This short video demonstrates how to: Integrate Netformx DesignXpert with Smart Net Total Care Manage network data discovery, collection, a... Read More
Karen Marshall
0 Comments
Learn how to deploy the SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM) and the NCM Connector to provide Cisco with the device data needed by Smart Net Total Care to analyze your network inventory and coverage status and provide you with actionable insight... Read More
Kevin Ohlson
0 Comments
(view in My Videos)Cisco Smart Net Total Care provides Neotel with proactive support to optimize and secure the network, solving problems faster, improving operational efficiency, and reducing the risk of downtime.
Karen Marshall
0 Comments
(view in My Videos)Streamline your service contract management and renewals. This on-demand webinars demonstrates how to: Drive informed coverage decisions Manage coverage risks Determine service levels requirements Identify analyses for periodic review. ... Read More
Kevin Ohlson
0 Comments
(view in My Videos) This 5-minute video describes the features and benefits of Smart Net Total Care, and what smart capabilities can do to resolve problems faster, reduce operational costs, and mitigate risks. Part 2 will be available in December 2015, an... Read More
Kevin Ohlson
1 Comment
This 9-minute video provides an overview of the security in place for installed base collection, processing, and reporting in the portal.
Karen Marshall
0 Comments
(view in My Videos)This three part video series is designed to get you up and running with Smart Net Total Care. This is the third video in the series and shows what you can do in the Smart Net Total Care portal, including: Viewing summary information via... Read More
Karen Marshall
0 Comments
(view in My Videos)This three part video series is designed to get you up and running with Smart Net Total Care. This is the second video in the series and discusses how to get your Cisco Installed base information into the Smart Net Total Care portal, in... Read More
Karen Marshall
6 Comments
(view in My Videos) This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.(view in My Videos)This three part video series is designed to get you up and running with Smart Net Total Care. This is the first video in the series and intro... Read More
Kevin Ohlson
0 Comments
(view in My Videos)The Cisco Technical Support mobile application for iOS and Android devices can be used to look up information about your Cisco Support Contracts, and lookup information about Cisco devices that may be installed in your network.
Kevin Ohlson
0 Comments
(view in My Videos) Check service contract coverage and entitlement, use new scanning functions, verify or update a device's 'install-at-location', contact Cisco Support and more.
Kevin Ohlson
0 Comments
(view in My Videos) This short video provides a high-level overview of the features and benefits of the updated Smart Net Total Care Service. This proactive technical support service now includes entitlement to smart capabilities.
Kevin Ohlson
0 Comments
(view in My Videos) SMARTnet has merged into Smart Net Total Care. Starting July 27, 2015, SMARTnet’s world-class technical services now automatically include entitlement to smart capabilities - the tools you need to solve problems more quickly, reduce co... Read More
Kevin Ohlson
6 Comments
(view in My Videos) SMARTnet is now Smart Net Total Care. Starting July 27, 2015, all SMARTnet customers are automatically entitled to smart capabilities - the tools you need to solve problems more quickly, reduce costs, and help you manage your support r... Read More
Create
Top Experts
Last 6 Months
Recognize Your Peers
Right-rail
Be sure to bookmark these support pages and use them in the future to find all the self-help information.
Helpful Links