Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

We're in the beginning stage of planning a new SAN and I'm trying to determine how an iSCSI solution might work. For example, if I were to get a 10gb CNA, Conversion Network Adapter, for a host and plug that adapter into a 10 gig ethernet module on ...

I am new at this storage networking thing. Could someone please explain to me what this error message meens? The error is "switchname:ivr:inter-VSAN zone not found"Sorry I should at least let you know what equipment it is comming from...Cisco MDS 950...

Hi, I'm trying to configure my 4 port IPS, and am running into some peculiar situations that I can't seem to find resolution on.I want to dedicate 2 of the 4 ports for iSCSI and the other 2 for FCIP. I'd like to bond 2 ports to support one IP addr, ...

We are going to connect two DataCenters and interconnect tham using MDS's via FCIP.Is't critical which link we will use?For example MPLS cloud - i suppose that MTU will be 1500 bytes and bigger packets will be fragment( The maximum Fibre Channel fram...

rmv72 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there, I would like to find out more about the 'pause no-drop' option for the policy class. I am not quite sure what it is for and if I need it for Ethernet traffic. Thanks.

addylplam by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know that I'm getting a little ahead of technology but I'm working out an idea of using VMotion or VMWare HA to provide server redundancy between two datacenters. Unfortunately, one of the datacenters is offsite and connected over several L3 links...

Can you just stop SNMP traps for FC host Ports? I want to still get traps for other events not everytime a server restarts (WSUS patching).Thanks

user_4444 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,My MDS 9124 has a couple of warnings, I would like to clear. The First warning I see in FM, is for PowerSupply-1 OperStatus = offEnvPower. We only have one power supply in that switch, is there a way to clear the warning? Also I see (in FM)...

MDS switch rebooted with the following FATAL error.show system reset-reason Reason: Reset Requested due to Fatal Module Error Service: OHMS daemon Version: 3.1(2)show module internal exceptionlogexception information --- exception instance 1...

kiran.sn by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We have 2 x MDS 9124 switches at the core of our SAN and as part of our DR testing I have to replace one of the switches with a new unit i.e. restore the swtich config from a backup to a new unit.We use Kiwi CatTools to backup the config (basic...

parians by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes