Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO CBS350-24XS SWITCH - Ambiguous 'service unsupported-transceiver'

idruet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently working with the Cisco CBS350-24XS switch and the SG300-28SFP switch simultaneously and for some unknown reason, my third party SFP connectors are detected but not supported when i plug them in the CBS350 but work properly when plugged in the SG300. 

When working in the CBS350 terminal, i have accessed one of the ports and try to execute the command 'service unsupported-transceiver' to allow the port to support the SFP its connected to. For some reason, the switch returns 'Ambiguous command' and does not return any answer when i concat the '?' character at the end.

idruet_0-1716220575421.png

Following other discussions such as the one here, it seems the command has been deprecated and even Cisco itself has called a bug upon it on other hardware, such as this, but no solution is offered.

Does someone know by any chance how to properly call this command for it to work?

Thanks in advance,

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i do not believe that command supported on SMB switches the model you mentioned.

SFP supported only check the matrix or admin guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/CBS_250_350/Administration-Guide/cbs-350.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

RobertKarsai
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
There is no such command (service unsupported-transceiver) on CBS switches and on earlier Cisco Small Business generations. They do support what you plug into them and it usually works well, you can use HP, Huawei, Mikrotik whatever SFP modules. In some rare situations the SFP is not supported, eg. I have observed similar problems with old HP DAC cables, you can't do much about it, try another make.

BR
Robert

Just one more note: you are on a 10G interface on the CBS, it would not accept non 1G/10G modules like 100Base-FX compatible modules and they do not support 10/100/1000Base-T modules, simply because supported speeds do not match with the 1G/10G capabilities of the te switchport