cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Constantly logged out of SG350 GUI

Terabyte
Level 1
Level 1

Despite having the console timeout set for 30 minutes, an SG350-28P running firmware 2.3.5.63 is kicking me out after a few seconds to a minute or so.  I've not used a stop watch, but it's definitely not 30 minutes (nor was it 10 which is the default).  This happens in IE11, Chrome 63 or 64, and Edge on Windows Server 2008 R2, Server 2016, or Windows 10 Pro.  Surely I'm doing something wrong.  Thoughts?

64 Replies 64

jpveen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

It's 31 jan 2022. I just upgraded to the latest available firmware for our SG350-28P switches, which is 2.5.8.15. 

However the GUI-contantly-logout-bug still persists. 

The cause seems to be a timer that the Cisco WebUI fires every 5seconds, even when the UI itself is idle. This is quite bad behaviour for a browser based app, when in fact nothing is happening. When another tab is opened modern browsers throttle the timer of inactive tabs, and the Cisco WebUI misses the timer and logs out.

Is there any confirmation that this bug will be fixed anyway? Or do we need to ask the browser-developpers to enable a function to detect Cisco WebUI's and give them as much resources as possble ???

CoreyP319
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello all,

This bug is grievous to you community members and we owe you all an apology.

If you are encountering this issue, please create a case with TAC. Our engineers will be able to assist you in troubleshooting the situation. 

Contact TAC

I know January was specified for the remediation of this bug, I can confirm that ship date has slipped. We typically do not give timing estimates because they can slip and set improper expectations. To that effect, I cannot provide an estimate at this time. We are continuing to work across time zones to firm up our follow-up information.

I will share more information as it becomes available to share.

OK, sorry to say that. The answer would be OK if we were waiting for maybe 1 month or 2 or maybe even 3 but not for over half an year and in complete for years while this bug is existent. For a company that big like Cisco and with that power of ressources which should be there it is completely not acceptable...

And to remember: you even published a new type of switches on the market in which is a bug which you know at least since years? Serious? I have no more words.

Hi Kolping,

I agree that this bug shouldn't be present for anyone. Yet, it is presenting itself and we have yet to remediate the bug. That is not acceptable. I'm sorry for this delay.

We are doing our best to negotiate the challenges in delivering this update. As I'd mentioned in my previous post, we're working to provide further information.

I hope you have a good day.

Corey

Hello, after another week, can you tell us the next steps? Another member already analyzed the problem and it seems to me that this can easily be solved. Please deliver us an ETA from the developers...

Hi Kolping,

There are a couple moving pieces to this issue, the first is the delivery of the updated software. As you know it is delayed, the timing is what we're looking to confirm across multiple teams for the CBS and older switch models. The second is a more immediate workaround which would apply again to CBS and older switch models.  

We're going to release the information for both old and new switches as soon as we have confirmation of both of the above pieces. 

[quote]The second is a more immediate workaround which would apply again to CBS and older switch models.[/quote]

Cisco already tried that with a lack of success... I personally don't think you get it done by a workaround because none helped. Just fix the firmware would be the best...

Another month nearly over and no further feedback to the solution... Annoying...

CoreyP319
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kolping and everyone else,

We have confirmation on the following:

CBS series -

• The fix will be in the next release, version 3.2.
  • Rough timeframe estimate:  June - July.
  • There will not be a beta firmware before then.

SG series - 

• The fix will be in the next release, it's looking like version 2.6, possibly 2.5.9.
  • No timing estimate available at this time.
  • There will not be a beta firmware before then.

Thank you all for raising awareness on this issue, as well as your patience. It does help us get issues prioritized.

Have a great rest of your day,

Corey

That sounds much better than before. A year too late but if it will solve it, nice...

But a rough time estimate for the SG350 should be given, too. Not that some of the devices are out of support before they get the final fix for this... or at least an assurance that all existing SG350(x) devices get this version...

Next questions which are coming up from what is here in the thread:

- SG350(x) are not given version 3.2 like expected from the answer @Martin Aleksandrov?

- SG55x(x) fix is missing, too? They have the same problem!

Hey, please answer to our questions, as we need to be informed as your customers.

Details are still missing and is there some news in time estimate?

@CoreyP319 @Martin Aleksandrov 

Hello @kolping-mw,

As always timing on the firmware releases are subject to change, but we're looking at delivering both (SG series - version 2.5.9, CBS series - version 3.2) updates in the June/July timeframe. Leaning more into the July period.

That sounds promising. As a conclusion of your post I assume that every of my mentioned devices is getting the fix?

Hey @kolping-mw ,

Correct, the SG350, SG350X, SG550X share the same firmware codebase. 

Hi my name is Nikola Butlev and I'm Cisco Engineer.

Please try to upgrade the firmware to the latest version as it is quite recommendable in such a situation