cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 series firmware on SRW?

Gerald Vogt
Level 3
Level 3

Is it possible to flash the SG300-10 firmware on a SRW2008?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gerald,

My name is Nico Muselle and I work for the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the support forum.

As far as your question is concerned, it is indeed impossible to use the Sx300 firmware on the SRW switches that do not have K9 in their model name. The reason for that is that the new range of switches uses a different hardware platform.

For the previous models of SRW, indeed the "WebView" is only supported in Internet Explorer, this issue has been raised but for now no solution has been provided.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Cisco Small Business Support Center.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kevin Tomomitsu
Level 1
Level 1

You may not be able to acomplish this since the SRW is the old Linksys line of switches

and the SG300 is more Cisco like and configures differently.

Just my thought, I would contact TAC just to be absolutley sure though.

I know it configures differently. That's why I would like to flash the new firmware on it: to get rid of that "WebView" with crappy ActiveX. If it wasn't possible to access the hidden CLI which allows me to configure my SRWs from any OS I would have thrown out my SRWs a long time ago simply because I can't make any changes unless I get a Windows box with IE. Seems to me as if Cisco abandonded firmware development on the SRWs a long time ago, though it still makes me wonder why the part numbers for the SG300 series switches start with SRW...

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gerald,

My name is Nico Muselle and I work for the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the support forum.

As far as your question is concerned, it is indeed impossible to use the Sx300 firmware on the SRW switches that do not have K9 in their model name. The reason for that is that the new range of switches uses a different hardware platform.

For the previous models of SRW, indeed the "WebView" is only supported in Internet Explorer, this issue has been raised but for now no solution has been provided.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Cisco Small Business Support Center.