cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1841: Replace Running Config via CCP not working?

kristinmaling
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Prior to making any configuration changes to my device configuration (startup or running), I backup the current config via "Save Configuration to PC". I have been having some issues with my device lately so I though I'd roll back to a known stable configuration via CCP (v2.3). To do this, I went to Utilities > Configuration Editor and then imported one of my known stable configurations that I'd saved in the past (saved as a .txt file). I import the file into the Edit Configuration window and then press "Replace Running Config". A window pops up saying it's replacing the current running cofig and eventually "completes" (with no errors that I can see). The thing is, when I then view the running config, nothing has changed? The running config didn't get replaced by the process I'd just gone through to attempt rolling back to a known stable running config?

Am I doing something wrong?

Is there another way of replacing the current running config with a previously "Save Configuration to PC" file?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kristin.

1 Reply 1

chaitram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

The router is usally reloaded when you do a replace running confiuration from Cisco CP. Do you see the following message and the router being reloaded when you do a " replace running config"?

"Cisco CP has now finished replacing the running configuration and sent a reload command to your router. Reload operation may take a few minutes. Please re-discover the device once reload is done."

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card