Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,     how do I grant privileges to non-privileged user, so he can shut no shut a specific     interface in some access catalyst switch like 2960?          thank you in advance - benzi

bmizrahi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Fa0 vs. Fe0

Hi,I've been labeling all my diagrams using Fe as an abbreviation for FastEthernet.  And know I see a colleauge using Fa instead.Are the two interchangeable?   Is one for a router and the other for a switch?  Is one for the way it looks on the back o...

Dear friends,A few basic questions on the 4500 (4507-R-E / 4510-R-E with Sup 6-E running 12.2.(50)SE). These questions are reloaded to an IOS upgrade which i need to complete tomorrow.1. Why does a copy to the standby supervisor cause a lot of timeou...

I am designing a new model and am really grappling with the fiber uplink speeds.  I am trying to build a network resilent enough to support data for the next ten years.  I am trying to decide if I need a 10 gig fiber uplink to my data center on the t...

All,I have a newbie question.I have two 3560 L3 switches, I would like to setup HSRP so they failover.My question is:How do i setup HSRP with etherchannels.Do i just add standby 1 IP-ADDDRESS command to the etherchannel or vlan interface ?Here is my ...

afionda by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

SirSimple setup 192.168.10.x lan subnet through PAT all subnet able access internet .now i need helpi have lan ip  192.168.10.30 its kind a streaming device   this device must go to internet and  also through one  dedicated WAN(internet) ip  people s...

Hello,Is it possible to configure different routers to communicate over MPLS using frame-relay on one router and ppp on an other. Here is what I'm talking about:R1---frame-relay encap---[MPLS cloud] ---PPP--R2I tried this once before and could get th...

Hi All, I have a building wide network wih a core switch in the datacenter and uplinks from 8 closet switch stacks. I took a trace from a port from each closet stack to observe broadcast traffic (no port spans, etc). The first thing I noticed was I w...