Views
Helpful
Replies

3750-Environment msg strange!!!

nehakulsum
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

On a WS-C3750G-24TS-1U running c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE2.bin getting this messages

"

%: %PLATFORM_ENV-1-PWR: Faulty redundant power supply detected"

Were as there is no redundant power supply installed on this switch. I checked the show environment and power supply looks status looks ok but still the msgs are flooded on the logs.

I have looked at the error message and the following bug, CSCse49694 and it says it's been fixed in 12.2(25)SEE2version.

I am currently running 12.2(25)SEE2 and also the same errors are seen on SEE3 version as well.

Has anyone encountered this issue and if so what is the best way to resolve this issue..

Any help on this would be highly appriciated.

Thanks

Neha

4 Replies 4

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Neha,

That's strange that you are looking at the behaviour in the same version as a recomended one. Try upgrading it to the latest one and it should fix the problem.

-amit singh

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can try upgrading to 12.2(44)SE6 but more than likely, this is a hardware issue thus I suggest contacting TAC for a RMA.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hi Edison,

I have around 6 switches in the stack so do you want me to replace all of them??? As I see this error on all of them. But the strange is I dont have RPS on any of the switches but still see the RPS failure log on the switch.

But I need to have valid reason to suggest to upgrade the firmware to 12.2(444)SE6? Can you tell me if this is internal bug on this firmware?

Your help will be highly appricated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Neha.

All switches in a stack will behave as a single logical switch. Part of the troubleshooting is breaking the stack in order to identify which switch is causing the error message. Again, this exercise should be done by TAC - kind of hard to do in an online forum.

The only bug identified has been the one you mentioned but even once identified, a RMA was issue on that case.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card