cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9200cx licensing

murmucka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i bought a 9200cx layer3 switch. It comes with network-essentials license built in, perptual license.
As soon i connect it with my smart account, it says: network-essential license count: 0, in use: 1, balance: -1

Why? How can i attach the built-in license to my smart acc? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @murmucka 

It seems that the network-essentials license built-in to your Cisco 9200CX switch is not properly associated with your Smart Account. To attach the built-in license to your Smart Account:

-- Check if your Smart Account is correctly set up and associated with the right Cisco Customer ID [CCID]. 

-- Once you have confirmed that your Smart Account is set up correctly, try syncing your Cisco device with the Smart Account again. You can do this by entering the following commands on the CLI:

-enable

-configure terminal

-license smart enable

-license smart register idtoken <id_token>

<id_token> with the token provided by your Smart Account

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @murmucka 

It seems that the network-essentials license built-in to your Cisco 9200CX switch is not properly associated with your Smart Account. To attach the built-in license to your Smart Account:

-- Check if your Smart Account is correctly set up and associated with the right Cisco Customer ID [CCID]. 

-- Once you have confirmed that your Smart Account is set up correctly, try syncing your Cisco device with the Smart Account again. You can do this by entering the following commands on the CLI:

-enable

-configure terminal

-license smart enable

-license smart register idtoken <id_token>

<id_token> with the token provided by your Smart Account

Best regards

thanks. How many time i have it for? because the switch is basically works offline. 

It will be shut down, or? Thank you.

@murmucka 

Regarding the switch being offline, it should not affect the validity of the license. However, if you plan to use features that require a higher-level license, such as the network-advantage license, you will need to purchase and install that license separately.

It's also worth noting that Cisco periodically releases software updates for their devices, which may include bug fixes, security patches, and feature enhancements. To receive these updates, you will need to have an active support contract or subscription for your device. If your device is not connected to the internet, you can still manually download and install software updates using a USB flash drive or other external media.

Best regards

SWC1-TEST#license smart ?
authorization Authorization
clear Clear
export Get or return an export authorization key
factory Execute Smart Licensing Factory commands
import Import authcode, policies, trustcode etc
renew Smart License renew
save Save
sync Sync with CSLU/CSSM.
trust Establish trust between PI and CSLU/CSSM.

There are no "register".

In config mode also not present:

SWC1-TEST(config)#license smart ?
custom_id Set a customer defined id
enable Smart licensing is Permanently configured, This cli will have no effect
log log type to enable
privacy privacy related commands
proxy proxy related commands
reservation Enable or disable the license reservation feature
server-identity-check Enable or disable the HTTP secure server identity check
transport Select the type of message transport for Smart Agent
url Set the Smart Transport Primary and the Utility URL
usage Entitlement usage.
utility Enable or disable usage reporting on the device
vrf VPN Routing/Forwarding instance name

Checked on:

Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image Mode
------ ----- ----- ---------- ---------- ----
* 1 16 C9200CX-12P-2X2G 17.09.01 CAT9K_LITE_IOSXE INSTALL

first you need to bind license to the your smart license portal. you can get support from your cisco partner.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

because this is a perpetual license basicallly, and the switch now works offline, how much time i have again to activate it? Do i really need it? thnx

@murmucka 

If your switch comes with a perpetual license for Network Essentials, then the license does not have an expiration date and you can use it indefinitely. However, regarding again your licence count, if the license count is showing as "-1" in your Smart Account, it means that the license is already in use by another device, and you may need to contact Cisco support to resolve the issue.

Best regards
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card