Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have spare power supplies PWR-C6-1KWAC, looking online it says they are for the Cat 9200. But when I power down the switch and swap out with the current power supply on restart it errors out as "not compatible" are PWR-C6-1KWAC only for certain mo...

Hello everyone,I just deleted the entire contents of the flash: on a Catalyst 1000 out of stupidity. A system message popped up during autocomplete and instead of tabulator I pressed enter after "delete /f /r flash:"Of course, the system no longer bo...

aerrpunkt by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a little problem, i have 4 ports in an port-channel between 3560X & 6504-E switches , after a 3560X reloads one of the ports takes the speed and duplex auto auto the other 3 ports came in full 1000, the 4 ports are configurated with spee...

Connection between our core switch to access switch is showing suspended for etherchannel interface     interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2  switchport mode trunk channel-group 2 mode onend   interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1 switchport mode trunk channel-gr...

meiyappan by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,  I was hoping that someone could help find out if I could use this CVR: CVR-QSFP-SFP10G= and the proper 1GE/10GE SFP to operate a port at the 1G/10G speed on the this switch model: C9500-24Q.  I was able to find this document which confirms th...

ZK916 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have been seeing large outages when we see a link flap in our core with RSTP. I have noticed under 1 of the links that spanning-tree port type edge trunk is enabled. Should this be used for a switch > switch link or will this cause issues? i tho...

jay_7301 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,My experience in configuring switches and routers is limited and I am stuck on 2 issues with my new Catalyst 1000 switch which I believe are related:ARP inspection errorsFailure to ping other hosts on the same switch in the same VLAN 10The ARP ...