Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Everyone   First and foremost, thanks for all the information gathered here. It is a big help.   I have encountered a problem to which I could not find an answer and thought I would ask you for some suggestions as this has been giving me grey hair...

billede.png
Mickster by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 1921 and would like to use NBAR2 to classify and filter out file sharing protocols that can use different port numbers and conceal themselves. I'd like to get some guidance on what I need to purchase for my existing Cisco 1921 to make ...

Hello Guys,I have a 2960S model which connected to my core 4500 series. If I wanted to use fiber to conect between 2960S and 4500, are these component are right for me?SFP transceiverMultimode LC/LC Duplex Fiber Optic cable 62.5/125Both my switches a...

Hi, I have a Catalyst C4500-X running IOS-XE 3.6.2E (15.2(2)E2), and have disabled "Smart Install" as per the recent PSIRT. When checking that port 4786/tcp is closed, I see that another port is listening: switch-1#sh tcp brief all | i LISTEN5CCB4B3...

First timer, trying to get a running configuration on a lab at home. 1 router(2611XM) 1 switch(2960) and 2 computers. all the devices are talking to each other directly connected to it through Ethernet cables. I hooked up the router to my LAN.  Disco...

This is  probably more of a Dell question but I'm hoping someone may have run into this issue and have suggestions. I have customer connecting  two VM servers attached internally  to  his Dell PowerEdge VRTX switch which  then uplinks   to my c3750X ...

I'll rate the post of everyone who helps   So, the Network 10.0.0.0/8 was Subnetted into 2^19 Subnets. One of these Subnets, which is the 10.20.30.64/27 was Subnetted into 4 Subnets   I'm trying to find out the Network that the Subnet 195.3.40.0/21 c...

Hello,In the following example of a QoS queue-set command on a Cat3750.“mls qos queue-set output 1 threshold 2 3100 3100 100 3200”.If for example the buffer space for this queue is 100.Threshold 1 and 2 will drop at 3100 buffers - ie anything over 10...

charindso by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,   I have configured 2 two-level policy-maps on a ASR 920, and applied them one on inside and the other on outside direction. The policies work fine on traffic traversing the router but it doesn't with the self generated traffic on the device....

I have configured a 3 tier network using VLAN, STP, Etherchannel, HSRP and would add OSPF on core layer. But after having a connection test around Distribution to Access layer, the pings from some PCs are loss. Sometimes it can ping different a certa...

lttlnnj by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes